Patrologiae Cursus Completus: Series Graeca

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 36
Rhonda Dodson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 25 2014 10:56 AM

Any projected time frame for the Patrologiae Cursus Completus: Series Graeca to be released?

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 11:04 AM

It's currently on Community Pricing with something like 10% progress on the very lowest possible price. And it's been there for a long time.

Unless we get a surge of people willing to pay $700 for this, I doubt it will ever make it to production.

Posts 36
Rhonda Dodson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 11:10 AM

Sad

Posts 297
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 1:38 PM

This series has been dead in the water for years.  I wish Logos would either commit to this or just drop it.  I would prefer the former.

Posts 31933
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 4:10 PM

As Logos grows their Catholic/Orthodox/Anglican market and as more evangelicals move beyond ACC there will be more demand for this. Its a time to be patient and watch the market develop.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 5:49 PM

There's life beyond ACC.  Can it be true??  But is it evangelically safe?  These are critical issues.   Besides 'graeca'??

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2108
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 8:19 PM

Rhonda Dodson:

Any projected time frame for the Patrologiae Cursus Completus: Series Graeca to be released?

We've been discussing this recently. It's a massive and expensive project, and we typically wait until there's adequate funding before moving forward. We  have limited funds, and we want to invest them in the places where there's clear market demand. The good news is that there's an open source project underway right now that may allow us to do this project at a small fraction of the currently projected costs. We don't have a definitive timeline for it yet, but we've certainly not given up on it.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 9:20 PM

Phil Gons:
We don't have a definitive timeline for it yet, but we've certainly not given up on it.

Thank you. There is still hope.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 506
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 9:25 PM

Phil Gons:
We've been discussing this recently. It's a massive and expensive project, and we typically wait until there's adequate funding before moving forward. We  have limited funds, and we want to invest them in the places where there's clear market demand. The good news is that there's an open source project underway right now that may allow us to do this project at a small fraction of the currently projected costs. We don't have a definitive timeline for it yet, but we've certainly not given up on it.

Phil, 

Just out of curiosity, but how many people would need to sign up to get this thing published? Has Logos ever pushed this via email to its users? I bet there's a lot more out there now then there was when the sets were first put on pre-pub.

What's the open source project currently going on?

Posts 2705
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 9:52 PM

That looks like a real bear of a job. I never knew there was such a vast amount of untranslated original text underlying what's in English. 

I'd see if you could raid some seminaries for interns and give them Portfolio on top of whatever compensation you might otherwise provide. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS