Links that open in Logos

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33
Josh Parsley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 25 2014 2:17 PM

Hello,

I realize this is probably a basic question but I'm having problems finding what I want.

Direct to the point:

How do I create a link that I can open in Logos that goes to a specific location in a resource?

Longer version:

I'm preparing a sermon and making notes.  I'm not looking to print it out or use it anywhere outside of my computer. I was originally looking for just a way to put a link in a word doc that I could either click or copy and paste into logos to make it go directly where I want.  I started looking into how to use the notes feature in Logos and that seems to do some of what I'm wanting.  The part I'm missing is to be able to just to have my own block of text that doesn't necessarily relate to any specific resource.

Maybe I'm just looking for "How to prepare a sermon outline in Logos" or something like that? 

I've had Logos for a while but I haven't used it in quite this way before.  Usually, I just research and study and then paste what I want in a document.  But with this I'm wanting something like a link to a whole chapter or section of a resource. 

If none of this makes sense, I'll backup and try to explain again.  Smile

Thank you all for any input or advice you have.

Posts 33
Josh Parsley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 2:22 PM

A few things that peek my interest that may be what I'm looking for but just don't understand are:

1)When I highlight something I can choose to share it various ways, email being one.  It creates a link that goes to the biblia.com site. Can I do something that makes the link open in Logos?

2) When I click on an open resource and look at the options I see Copy Location As with various options.  What does that do?  Anything close to what I'm wanting?

3) Another option I see is "Send Hyperlinks here"  I haven't quite figured out what that changes when it's selected.

Again, thanks!

Posts 25297
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 2:52 PM

Josh Parsley:
2) When I click on an open resource and look at the options I see Copy Location As with various options.  What does that do?  Anything close to what I'm wanting?

This is what you need. If you hover over each option you will see what it suits.  Note that each option will involve a reference to the resource. After copying the location with Ctrl+Alt+C you paste it with Ctrl+V.

Josh Parsley:
3) Another option I see is "Send Hyperlinks here"  I haven't quite figured out what that changes when it's selected.

That enables any resource to be the target for a link/reference eg if you click a bible reference anywhere it will go to that resource and open at that reference (assuming it is a bible or commentary).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10314
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 3:02 PM

Josh Parsley:

yes. Just use the URL version - it will provide a link starting with logosres: like this: logosres:rghtsnssfthlthr;ref=Page.p_v and you can use it in Word or elsewhere -it's either recognized immediatly as a link or you put it into the address section of a reference link, just as I did above or here 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 33
Josh Parsley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 25 2014 3:02 PM

Ah, I was so close yet so far.  :)

That works perfectly to copy and make a link like that.  Now I can just paste it in the command bar or in whatever doc I want.  Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS