Time for a Baptist Subforum?

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 27 2014 7:09 PM

that sounds ok to me also. I don't see any problems with a catholic forum here. We have an SDA forum, and one for noet. Why not Baptist and Catholic?

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 27 2014 9:39 PM

abondservant:
*chuckle* but where will that leave the particular baptists? there has to be a free will/election joke in there somewhere.

Maybe there is already a baptist forum, but its a forum that chooses you, everyone else chooses the general forum.

There is a Reformed Baptist forum but you have to be elected to enter.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 5:16 AM

Kent:
There is a Reformed Baptist forum but you have to be elected to enter.

How do I contact the committee?Surprise

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 8:30 AM

Fredc - they contact you. Its an offer you can't refuse.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 9:13 AM

Fredc:

They were going to; but Baptists only voluntarily congregate outside church when there is a potluck supper waitingWink

I was just logging in to suggest naming the new forum, "Potluck". That would be sufficient.

Fredc:
Before anyone goes nuts, I am a Baptist pastor, so I'm making fun of myself
I'm not Baptist, I'm just making fun of Fred. Wink

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 9:14 AM

abondservant:

Surprise You mean there are a chosen few who are predestined for membership? Surprise

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 9:46 AM

Paul C:

abondservant:

Surprise You mean there are a chosen few who are predestined for membership? Surprise

The are an interesting group. They might say their depravity is total, but that inspite of your past your membership to the group is guaranteed, though not for everyone - just those already selected. It is an offer you can't refuse, and once selected its a state that persists. Some even go so far as to say that if you were not included in the group, you were not only not chosen for the positive group, but instead you were also chosen (tacitly or otherwise) to be a part of the negative experience group. A condition and selection that is also persistent.

Further since they are Baptist, they might argue that they continued doing what the other reformers were doing, and even may argue they completed it in baptism by submersion.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 9:55 AM

Wow! Hard to believe self proclaimed Conservatives can be so RadicalSurprise

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 9:59 AM

One centuries crazy person is the next centuries conservative I suppose.

One thing is for certain, we definitely have more fun.

Posts 297
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 10:04 AM

abondservant:
The are an interesting group. They might say their depravity is total, but that inspite of your past your membership to the group is guaranteed, though not for everyone - just those already selected. It is an offer you can't refuse, and once selected its a state that persists. Some even go so far as to say that if you were not included in the group, you were not only not chosen for the positive group, but instead you were also chosen (tacitly or otherwise) to be a part of the negative experience group. A condition and selection that is also persistent.
Are you  saying we have no Choice which group we fall into?

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 10:10 AM

Schezic:

abondservant:
They are an interesting group. They might say their depravity is total, but that inspite of your past your membership to the group is guaranteed, though not for everyone - just those already selected. It is an offer you can't refuse, and once selected its a state that persists. Some even go so far as to say that if you were not included in the group, you were not only not chosen for the positive group, but instead you were also chosen (tacitly or otherwise) to be a part of the negative experience group. A condition and selection that is also persistent.
Are you  saying we have no Choice which group we fall into?

Emphasis mine.

You're free to choose what you want to think though. However complicated (or not) that is in practice.

You might find my post a little particular, but in general its meant to be on the verge of humorous.

Posts 297
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 10:17 AM

abondservant:
You're free to choose what you want to think though.
Whew! Thanks! I choose to think I have a choice! Big Smile

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 12:33 PM

Schezic:

abondservant:
You're free to choose what you want to think though.
Whew! Thanks! I choose to think I have a choice! Big Smile

Some more particular folks might even argue that their God is sovereign enough to allow you to believe in a wrong secondary doctrine for a season and a reason.

Eventually everyone comes around to my point of view anyway right? Angel SurpriseStick out tongue (heard emoticons help people recognize a joke more easily)

Posts 31960
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 1:26 PM

abondservant:
Angel SurpriseStick out tongue (heard emoticons help people recognize a joke more easily)

Yes they do - especially in a multicultural environment or where some are non-native speakers or there are frequent new participants.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 1:43 PM

I'd like to see a Baptist Subforum myself, and if we get one, let me know who's all headed over there. I'll call Chick Fil A and bring the sandwiches. ;-)

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:25 PM

TCBlack:
I'm not Baptist, I'm just making fun of Fred. Wink

That brings a smile to this Baptist's face.  Big Smile

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:36 PM

MJ. Smith:

abondservant:
Angel SurpriseStick out tongue (heard emoticons help people recognize a joke more easily)

Yes they do - especially in a multicultural environment or where some are non-native speakers or there are frequent new participants.

Ms. Smirth. Could you use your clout to acquire a larger selection of emoticons? There are times I need just a slightly different nuance to make people "see my point"Tongue Tied

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 6:19 PM

TCBlack:
I'm not Baptist

With much prayer, genuine repentance, and cleaning up following next month's covered dish, you can may possibly be forgiven Cool

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 6:22 PM

Jack Caviness:

TCBlack:
I'm not Baptist

With much prayer, genuine repentance, and cleaning up following next month's covered dish, you can may possibly be forgiven Cool

Don't forget to bring something chocolate to the next pot luck.

Or else fried chicken.

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 6:28 PM

abondservant:
Or else fried chicken.

As one fellow said, "Woke up this morning with a craving for fried chicken and did not want to go to work. By this I concluded that God was calling me to become a Baptist Preacher." Hmm

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS