Logos only lets your transfer book Licenses once???

Page 14 of 17 (327 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last »
This post has 326 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 4069
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 9:42 AM

Super.Tramp:

I can prove, using the Bible, the chicken came first.   But that is a discussion for ChristianDiscourse.com

Yes agreed

L2 lvl4 (...) L8 Platinum, WORDsearch

Posts 18
David Dobbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 9:42 AM

This would probably be impossible but could Logos ever offer something like Netflix offers?  Could they offer access to large library of books for a monthly fee?  Some staple books would be constant but others would rotate in and out of the library and new books would constantly be introduced.  What do you think?  

Posts 4069
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 9:50 AM

David Dobbs:

This would probably be impossible but could Logos ever offer something like Netflix offers?  Could they offer access to large library of books for a monthly fee?  Some staple books would be constant but others would rotate in and out of the library and new books would constantly be introduced.  What do you think?  

Could Logos offer a service where their entire library was available for under 20$ a month? Probably, but it would have some serious caveats.

For instance, you'd probably only be able to open one book at a time. Thats a limitation of Netflix.

L2 lvl4 (...) L8 Platinum, WORDsearch

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 9:56 AM

David Dobbs:

If a lot of people believed this is a possible future why would they continue to buy Logos resources?  And I believe if a lot of people quit buying Logos resources Bob would be forced to change the business model. We are at a precarious moment in Logos history.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:03 AM

abondservant:
Could Logos offer a service where their entire library was available for under 20$ a month? Probably, but it would have some serious caveats.

It would be closer to $100 per month for a general Library. Premium libraries like Baker and Zondervan would be an additional $20 each. Just look at the current monthly rental rates Logos charges. Some authors and publishers would pull out..........How much per month would you pay to rent a public domain library?

Posts 18
David Dobbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:07 AM

Well if Logos does ever become Logosflix, I am claiming royalties.  Because you all just witnessed it here that I came up with the idea.  I think 3% of sales would suffice Big Smile.

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:09 AM

Super.Tramp:
How much per month would you pay to rent a public domain library?

Zero.

I would stick with Kindle, Nook, and other Ebooks which I still buy along side Logos. Moreover, I still buy paper books (I'm currently working on electronically scanning them into ebooks).

Posts 18
David Dobbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:10 AM

How much per month would you pay to rent a public domain library?

It may be too expensive for most individuals but it could be a great service for Churches.  They might be willing to pay such a fee for their pastoral staff.  

Posts 297
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:18 AM

We have gone from debating the chicken and the egg, to apples and oranges. Renting a book is NOT the same as owning a book...or a library of books. I don't see how a rental situation would give me access to all my books all the time. It would hinge on internet accessibility, bandwidth, and server availability. If we give up an onboard, indexed library, we would step back into the last century.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:34 AM

There is change in the wind, my friends. I still have Biblesoft on my PC. It has a couple of obscure commentaries that I didn't want to duplicate. ... But still consult, from time to time. I paid a quick visit to their website this morning. Everything is 60% off. A lot (if not most) of the  reputable publishers' works have been pulled from the shelves. It kinda looks like a fire sale. Sad

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:35 AM

Schezic:
Renting a book is NOT the same as owning a book...

I quite agree.

Schezic:
I don't see how a rental situation would give me access to all my books all the time.

It can be done.

Schezic:
If we give up an onboard, indexed library, we would step back into the last century.

You and I see it as a step back but those newbies entering Logos as a renter will rejoice at the step forward. 

Posts 11190
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:47 AM

Kent ... Christian apologists even as late as 1990 are still using late-1800s arguments (bless Norman's heart).  

In our company, we used evolutionary optimization with neural nets, to improve the profitability of store layouts (which indeed worked).  It was fascinating to watch, since the computer was pretty much on its own.

The resulting process almost exactly matched what you see in geology.  Almost no 'between' stages, little change during stages, and destruction of what appears to be highly successful (but unstable) stages.  Poor stages could remain right along with very successful ones.

But the difference in our case was real money.  Arguments about Darwin were irrelevant if the operating statements improved.

I'm not arguing against God's power to create. Only humans' penchant for believing they can understand.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 297
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:49 AM

Super.Tramp:
You and I see it as a step back but those newbies entering Logos as a renter will rejoice at the step forward.
Some see RentACenter as a viable option to owning a couch. I DO  NOT ... And   NEVER WILL !

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:54 AM

Denise, this could develop into a debate I would happily jump at, however, we all know the rules.

By the way I have become accustomed to certain peoples avatars and I get confused when they change them.

Change is never fine! They say it is, but it’s not!

-Sheldon Cooper

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:01 AM

Schezic:
Some see RentACenter as a viable option to owning a couch. I DO  NOT ... And   NEVER WILL !

I agree with you. But I am a guy that still owns a VCR, and a DVD player. And I have LP records, cassette tapes and music CDs.  My kids watch movies and listen to music through iTunes. The future looks bleak. Sad

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:07 AM

David Dobbs:

Well if Logos does ever become Logosflix, I am claiming royalties.  Because you all just witnessed it here that I came up with the idea.  I think 3% of sales would suffice Big Smile.

No, you didn't! http://community.logos.com/forums/p/50184/380033.aspx#380033 Stick out tongue Big Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:07 AM

Kent:
Denise, this could develop into a debate I would happily jump at, however, we all know the rules.

Bob provided ChristianDiscourse.com for just such debates. Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:14 AM

Paul-C:

The scary part of that post:

Bob Pritchett:
My long-term dream is that Logos can offer something like the $8.99 / month Netflix subscription -- all the Bible study materials you could want for an incredibly low monthly price. In that model we wouldn't allow account sharing or content resale, But we'd offer incredibly inexpensive access to everyone. You wouldn't need a used-copy at half price; you'd get everything for less.

I ask again, why should anyone buy a Logos resource?

Posts 11190
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:17 AM

Now if we can just get MJ, ST, Kent and so forth to listen to themselves.   Maybe if we gave them a 'star' or something similar.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 297
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:20 AM

Super.Tramp:
Bob Pritchett:
My long-term dream is that Logos can offer something like the $8.99 / month Netflix subscription  
Some dreams DO come true. Smile

Page 14 of 17 (327 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS