Question on PB Syncing on Beta

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 28 2014 7:05 AM

I am trying to figure out the PB syncing on the beta.  On my home computer I have all of my PBs compiled.  Last night after updating to the new beta, I uploaded all of my PBs.

At work I have the PBs listed before the upgrade to beta but I never compiled on that machine (I would get "you do not have license" message  before).  I updated to the new beta at work and after indexing I still get the "do not have license" on all PBs.  Has anyone had luck with seeing PBs on other machines after uploading and is there something special I need to do to make this work.

I wonder if I need to delete the PBs first and reindex but I'm afraid it will wipe out my PBs on home PC.  Any thoughts?

Bill

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 8:21 AM

The PB files aren't downloaded on sync, the way that your Documents would be. They'll be downloaded when you check for resource updates. If you enter the update resources command (note: depending on the size of your library, this could take a while) it should detect your PBs and download them like any other resource.

Please try that and let us know if that works for you. Smile

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 8:46 AM

As I posted in the announcement thread - there is no way to tell if a book has already been synced. No indication of the size of a book that can be synced, or if there is a maximum amount of space one can use for all synced books. Finally, when you update now on your secondary device, there is no indication of what was downloaded. I would like to see a thing similar to what Logos does for their updated books, except with the "personal book update" modifier. prior to the titles that are personal books. if that makes sense. In the image that follows, instead of "the following resources were updated, it should say "the following personal books were updated" or even abbreviate personal book to PBs'.

Here is the thread.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 9:12 AM

Dylan, thanks for your reply.  I've updated resources twice with no luck.  It took about 15 minutes each time while "checking for updates" then nothing.  Should it re-index at that point?  My initial indexing from the upgrade completed already (much faster than normal I might add).

Posts 8057
LogosEmployee

I'm not entirely certain, but PB Sync may be disabled right now (due to a bug). I'm opening an internal inquiry and will let you know.

Posts 8057
LogosEmployee

PB sync is currently disabled; see this thread for updates: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/88397.aspx 

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 9:28 AM

Thanks for the update Bradley.

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Dustin Masters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 10:48 AM

PBB sync has been re-enabled. Please let me know if you're still having problems.

Software Dev at Logos.  How to post your logs: (Windows) (Mac)

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 10:54 AM

Looks good, it just updated.  A few PBs don't show but those are the really big ones so I assumed that would happen.  All in all it looks great.  The one thing I can't get over is even while indexing, how responsive everything is.  Before I would click something while indexing and it would take 15-20 seconds to open but now it's instant.  Loving the new beta so far.

Thanks for everyone's hard work on this :)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS