any noticed changes in preferred bibles, prioritization etc lately?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3903
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:55 PM

I have noticed that my preferred Bible has changed a couple times, once to ESV and today it seems it is the NET, at least that is what is selected on the HP ribbon.  Is this due to some quirk going from Beta to 4.0 a?

Also I noticed that my prioritized resources were all muddled up.  Bibles were intermixed with dictionaries, etc.  I had originally grouped them by type, per Morris Proctor advice.  Added to that, somehow Stephens ended up being my preferred Bible.  I never use Stephens.

Anyone else notice quirky things like this happening?

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:42 PM

Dan DeVilder:

I have noticed that my preferred Bible has changed a couple times, once to ESV and today it seems it is the NET, at least that is what is selected on the HP ribbon.  Is this due to some quirk going from Beta to 4.0 a?

Also I noticed that my prioritized resources were all muddled up.  Bibles were intermixed with dictionaries, etc.  I had originally grouped them by type, per Morris Proctor advice.  Added to that, somehow Stephens ended up being my preferred Bible.  I never use Stephens.

Not here.

Do you have someone else (wife, child, etc.) using your license, maybe on a laptop? That would explain it. I'm not sure what else might.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 19123
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:52 PM

Someone else reported something like that a couple of weeks ago but I have no idea how to find it since I can't remember enough details to search for it. I think basically they were noticing their prioritization order seemed to be changing randomly.  Items that had been lower down on the list were suddenly showing up in the middle of the Bibles sections, etc. Sorry I can't help any further than that. I've never seen this behavior.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:57 PM

Dan DeVilder:

I've had this happen to me a couple of times. Each time I've just put things back in order... and refining a bit further.

Posts 19123
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:14 PM

Kevin Becker:

I've had this happen to me a couple of times. Each time I've just put things back in order... and refining a bit further.

It must be annoying, though. There must be a bug lurking in there somewhere. We should try to narrow down under what circumstances this happens so we can report it to Logos and they can fix it. It would be great if you folks who see this problem periodically could be checking your prioritization list more often and see if you can catch it just when it's happened and remember what you'd been doing prior to that, and try to make it happen again. If you can reproduce it at will, report the steps here and we'll get a bug report logged over on the wiki for Logos to take a look at.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 1:54 PM

This issue should be resolved as described here - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/7138/102697.aspx#102697

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 1:59 PM

Scott Alexander:

This issue has been resolved as described here - http://community.logos.com/members/5162/default.aspx

I think he means here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/7138/102697.aspx#102697

Posts 3903
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 2:32 PM

much obliged!  Thank you for fixing that logos, and thank you, Mark, for directing me to someplace other than Scott's profile!  Stick out tongue

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS