Logos Training

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 20
BobFar | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 29 2014 8:43 AM

I have been Logos for quite a few years now, but want to expand and get some real training on the program.

I see that there is a Camp Logos 1 DVD and a Camp Logos 2 DVD. I also see there is LT51 Logos Academic Training.

I purchased the LT51 Logos Academic Training and wonder what the difference between it and Camp Logos DVD 1 is?

Posts 460
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 10:32 AM

I can't speak for the academic training but I would suggest checking out Mark Barnes' extensive, free video training before spending any additional money. They were mostly recorded in Logos 4 but all the functionality they describe still exists in Logos 5.

Posts 2305
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:31 PM

The training here (LearnLogos.com) isn't free, but very inexpensive for what you get. The live webinars with the same content are free but you don't get the book or the ability to review the tutorial--which I need.  This did more to launch me into Logos and decide to commit to investing in the program than anything else.  

I have seen Camp Logos 1 &2.  They are good but come with stunning sticker shock.

The free stuff is also excellent and you can go a long time on what you learn there. Maybe after you have the hang of most the free stuff, then you can decide what gaps remain and invest a few bucks to fill those gaps. That's what I did.      

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:34 PM

Might I suggest these? They were free the other day - I presume they still are.

Haven't watched them yet my self... But I'm planning to.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 681
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 4:43 PM

I continue to find Morris Proctor's print (Gasp!) training manuals useful, and well worth the price. .

Posts 20
BobFar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 30 2014 11:16 AM

Thank you for all the replies. I have used a couple of non-proctor training videos before and they are usually pretty decent. I will look more into the ones that have been mentioned in this thread.

Posts 81
Jim Wait | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 30 2014 12:47 PM

Hey δοῦλος, this is really great.  Morris Procter is a wonderful teacher!  Thank you for the suggestion!  And it is still free!

Posts 1088
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 30 2014 2:47 PM

Yes thanks abondservant still free

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS