Dave Kaplan is a FANTASTIC Sales Rep!

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 29 2014 12:59 PM

I just want to post a note saying how much I appreciate Dave Kaplan as my Logos Sales Rep. Dave took me on as a customer after my previous sales rep departed from the company, and I have been thankful to work with such a long time veteran of the company and an experienced sales rep as Dave. 

Even though Dave is extremely swamped already serving so many of us customers, he still managed to take me on as a customer and give me exceptional service in all my orders, ensuring all my Logos orders would be placed and ready in time for fall semester in seminary. He's also been patient with me through a few ordering mistakes I've made and managed to assist me in getting everything I needed from Logos.

It's been a pleasure working with him, and I look forward to working with him for years to come.

Without trying to overload him anymore than he already is, I'll have to say this. Logos users, you haven't "lived" until you've had Dave Kaplan as a sales rep. He's truly the finest they come at Logos, and his experience and service skills truly make Logos a wonderful place to purchase from.

For Bob and the Logos exec team, if I were in your shoes, I'd give Dave a larger inbox and voicemail box (to accommodate for all of us customers contacting him), a raise (since he deserves every bit of it for all the hard efforts he puts in serving us), a pepper plant at his desk (since he enjoys spicy foods), and a couple week vacation somewhere he can just relax and spend time with his family and with the Lord (so he can prepare himself for the boatload of orders when he comes back).

Thank you for giving us all the opportunity to work with such a fine sales rep and Christian example at Logos!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 4132
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 1:07 PM

He was good. But I'm happier with Rusty Davidson.

He answers my emails at all sorts of weird hours, from airplanes(!) and even once from his home. He's given me fantastic prices, and has gone above and beyond to help me anytime I've needed it.

Rusty.davidson@logos.com

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 1:48 PM

I'm not sure if I've ever used him or not. For a brief moment while my previous Logos Sales Rep was about to depart, I went through a few different random sales reps for orders. Dave personally called me one time, and I remember how courteous he was to me, and I put his contact info on file to remember in the event my previous sale rep departed (which happened shortly afterwards). That's why when my sales rep left, I personally chose Dave. He made a point to go the extra mile for me once, and I didn't forget it.

Dave does take longer to answer phone calls/emails than most sales reps, but it's worth the wait. He's so busy, but he still takes time to ensure each person he serves gets the best service. I just consider him like a good restaurant. It's worth "waiting in line", and if he's that busy, then he must be good! :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 145
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 2:08 PM

I would very much concur that Dave Kaplan is a fantastic sales representative for Logos.  When my previous sales rep (Bart Latner) moved on, Dave took over seamlessly!  Dave is able to make things happen for me and is always looking out for my best interest.  I definitely have the feeling that he tries extremely hard to ensure that I am taken care of.  When I leave something in has capable hands, I know it is going to be taken care of.

Wayne

Posts 7868
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:03 PM

Nathan Parker:

I just want to post a note saying how much I appreciate Dave Kaplan as my Logos Sales Rep.

That's a very important key sentence right there...YOUR Logos Sales Rep. It plays a very important role.  Sometimes if you don't have someone you can call "MY sales rep" then sometimes you don't really get the help you need.

Nathan Parker:

Even though Dave is extremely swamped already serving so many of us customers

You can fix this sentence by saying "serving so many of HIS customers." That makes a difference.  In my personal experience, a couple of times he was helpful, a couple of others he wasn't, I guess, swamped serving HIS customers.  Which is totally fine, no biggie.

Nathan Parker:

Logos users, you haven't "lived" until you've had Dave Kaplan as a sales rep. 

That's your own personal opinion.  It's subjective, it depends on how you catch him on a given day (catch him or any other sales rep that you don't call "MY sales rep.")

Nathan Parker:

For Bob and the Logos exec team, if I were in your shoes, I'd give Dave a larger inbox and voicemail box (to accommodate for all of us customers contacting him), a raise (since he deserves every bit of it for all the hard efforts he puts in serving us), a pepper plant at his desk (since he enjoys spicy foods), and a couple week vacation somewhere he can just relax and spend time with his family and with the Lord (so he can prepare himself for the boatload of orders when he comes back).

Perks like that should be personalized for all the sales rep that do a great job, not just one.

Nathan Parker:

Thank you for giving us all the opportunity to work with such a fine sales rep and Christian example at Logos!

Amen to that! I'm thankful for Maggie Segar and two other sales reps that have helped me in the past when Maggie is not there: John Ramsey and Christopher Jones.  And since this is a post about Dave Kaplan, I'm thankful that he's able to help you and others get what you need from Logos.  I guess sometimes is a matter of "clicking" with the sales rep.  I know my favorite one used to be Jim Ray, but he's no longer there; then Maggie came along and she's been very honest in giving me discounts where discounts are available and helping me get what I need.  She should get her personalized perks from Logos, which I'm sure every good sales rep gets anyway. Yes

Anyway, thank God for Logos Bible Software and all the people involved in helping us get what we need!

Blessings!

DAL

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:09 PM

I just heard from Dave Kaplan today. I don't just view him as my Sales Rep, I consider him a friend. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 4132
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:29 PM

Nathan Parker:

Dave does take longer to answer phone calls/emails than most sales reps, but it's worth the wait.

Two or three times I emailed him and NEVER got a response. One time I got an email a couple weeks after I purchased something through someone else.
I understand being busy. I understand falling through the cracks... I get that. But its never happened with Rusty.

He emailed me, offered me a great deal on something I'd put in my cart and was thinking about purchasing. He responds fast when I need something. Offers me deals where he can. Dave may be a great guy to talk to on the phone (he was prompt in returning my call). But Rusty is the guy to email. Hands down.

I too consider Rusty a friend.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:52 PM

I agree and Dave is my rep also Smile

Posts 6699
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 4:06 PM

Three cheers for Dave. Bahamian Goat Pepper. Look at Logos Blog about Dave and it will make all things plain.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 4:20 PM

Those peppers look hot.  

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 29 2014 5:00 PM

Big Smile Let's all join together now on the chorus...

Music  My Rep is the best,

He is better than your Rep Music

We can all agree on that. Big Smile

Posts 215
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 30 2014 8:45 AM

The question is: Why should a sales rep matter? Why doesn't Logos offer the best prices for their products on the website? Time is valueable, so I don't see why ordering via a sales rep should be prefered over ordering from the website.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 30 2014 9:04 AM

Simon:

The question is: Why should a sales rep matter? Why doesn't Logos offer the best prices for their products on the website? Time is valueable, so I don't see why ordering via a sales rep should be prefered over ordering from the website.

I have a set amount for my monthly Logos book budget. I use that set amount for high cost products with Logos. Dave has been instrumental in adding resources to my payment plan and working the plan to my benefit. I am sure other sales reps could do that, but I have a long history with Dave and he is my preferred rep. Some things I want, my rep may or may not have inside information, are on hold because I am waiting on other things to happen. Getting things from the website is not always the best deal.

Posts 4132
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 30 2014 12:30 PM

speaking of hot peppers.

Dave may be interested in seeing this new one.

Its an F1 hybrid called the Wartryx. Supposed to be superhot.

any way, sorry for the off topic post.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 30 2014 1:49 PM

I wanted to throw in a few extra comments here. First of all, the main purpose of my post was a public Thank You to Dave for taking me on as a customer, as well as all of the effort he has put in this summer to assist me with purchasing the books I needed for Fall semester in college. He's bent over backwards to assist me this summer, and I wanted the Logos exec team to know it publicly how much I appreciate him. 

I am not in anyway saying that there are not other good Logos Sales Reps at the company, nor am I trying to diminish any of their hard effort they put in for all of us Logos customers. During the time when my previous sales rep was about to depart from the company, I communicated with various sales reps over phone, chat, email, you name it. Every sales rep was excellent and treated me as a respected, loyal customer, and I never encountered a "bad sales rep". I appreciate all of them I communicated with, and Logos in general has a top notch sales team in the industry That's for sure. 

As to the comment to the website, I know Logos is beginning to automate more with the website making it smarter when it comes to purchasing resources, but using the website and using a personal sales rep you get to know are completely different. I've actually ended up spending more money up front with Logos while saving more money down the road and ending up with more books by using a sales rep versus using the website. Back when I had Jared Bryant for my sales rep (he was excellent as well and a true friend), many times when I wanted a book for school or this, that, or the other, he would offer be better recommendations for better collections that included what I needed abs much more I would use later in down the road. I would have made tons of purchasing mistakes and ended up speding more money on fewer books if I hadn't worked with a personal sales rep. While the website is getting better about this, I've found the sales reps are still better at finding collections I need, discounts I qualify for, etc. I want a person I can pick up the phone or shoot off an email to and get to know personally that knows what I need, what I like, how I use Logos, and develop such a strong working relationship with that I can give him my orders and know I'm in excellent hands. As intelligent as the website gets, it still doesn't and never could fully give me this. 

Nathan Parker

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 30 2014 1:57 PM

Matt Hamrick:

Simon:

What Matt said. Yes        

Sometimes Dave will recommend a better product or a better way of buying a product. He helps e maximize the sale prices. 

Posts 2691
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 30 2014 3:54 PM

Dave is my rep. Unfortunately now that my library is nearly complete and my cash cow has gotten reluctant, I don't need to call him much. 

I don't think you can do better. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 30 2014 4:25 PM

Simon:

Simon, dit it typisch Amerikaans denk ik. Logos werkt al jaren met tussenpersonen en deze bieden zeer vaak een betere prijs. Gek, maar zo werkt het.

In Nederland heb ik deze ervaring ook al, dus het "slaat over".

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 4132
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 30 2014 5:14 PM

It better displays (to quote Bob) the awesomeness of Logos as a company.

A website is cold and impersonal, but a person becomes a friend over time and can help guide you to what you need.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS