New Testament Exegesis: A Handbook for Students and Pastors

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 87
Stephen Kao | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 1 2014 1:32 AM

Hi

I just found out the above title is now available to mobile device (view and download), even on the desktop said it is not (i.e. not able to send the title to mobile device from the library).Can someone from logos confirm what happened here?

If this title is now available to mobile device, when is its Old Testament counterpart "Old Testament Exegesis: A Handbook for Students and Pastors" will become available to the mobile device.

Thanks and Godbless
Stephen

Posts 24256
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 1 2014 2:07 AM

Hi Stephen

Stephen Kao:
I just found out the above title is now available to mobile device (view and download), even on the desktop said it is not (i.e. not able to send the title to mobile device from the library).Can someone from logos confirm what happened here?

Can you provide a link to this resource on the Logos site? (I can't see it there but it may be in a bundle somewhere)

As to why the desktop can't manage it from a mobile perspective some publishers don't permit this and I'm assuming that is the case here.

Stephen Kao:
If this title is now available to mobile device, when is its Old Testament counterpart "Old Testament Exegesis: A Handbook for Students and Pastors" will become available to the mobile device.

Logos would need to comment on this one.

Graham 

Posts 87
Stephen Kao | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 2:53 AM

Hi Graham,

Those are very old books that I bought back in Libronix day. Logos no longer selling this two books, but I think someone already put in the request to have it ported into Logos latest format.

The strange thing I found is that I can download from my mobile device, but not able to "manage" it on the desktop application. if the publisher doesn't allow the book to read on mobile device, I should not be able to see it and download it on my mobile device.

God bless
Stephen

Posts 24256
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 2 2014 3:11 AM

Hi Stephen

Stephen Kao:
Those are very old books that I bought back in Libronix day. Logos no longer selling this two books, but I think someone already put in the request to have it ported into Logos latest format.

Thanks for the clarification

Stephen Kao:
The strange thing I found is that I can download from my mobile device, but not able to "manage" it on the desktop application. if the publisher doesn't allow the book to read on mobile device, I should not be able to see it and download it on my mobile device.

There are some resources which are available to read on mobile devices but can't be "mobile-managed" from within the Logos 5 library. See http://community.logos.com/forums/p/86033/604033.aspx#604033 for a discussion of this. 

To the best of my knowledge Zondervan published titles demonstrate this behaviour but that may not be relevant to the resource you are referring to

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS