Copy Bible verse personal style info

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 405
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 5 2010 10:36 PM

Does anyone know the if the parameters for creating a CBV style are documented anywhere? Specifically, I would like to change the [FullPassageRef] to only show the passage book and chapter and not the verses. I would rather the verse numbers only show up in front of the actual verse. If I know the other options, I might find something else interesting also. Currently, all I can do is tweek the samples provided. I do like the capability to customize styles.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 12:00 AM

Danny Parker:

Does anyone know the if the parameters for creating a CBV style are documented anywhere? Specifically, I would like to change the [FullPassageRef] to only show the passage book and chapter and not the verses. I would rather the verse numbers only show up in front of the actual verse. If I know the other options, I might find something else interesting also. Currently, all I can do is tweek the samples provided. I do like the capability to customize styles.

There was someone else asking about this, or maybe it was you. We tried a number of different options.

The only parameters I know of for the CBV styles are in the help file (they may also be on the WIKI, but I haven't looked there for them).

It doesn't look like this is possible at this time. Do you want to make it a suggestion?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 18886
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 4:16 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Danny Parker:

The only parameters I know of for the CBV styles are in the help file (they may also be on the WIKI, but I haven't looked there for them).

It doesn't look like this is possible at this time. Do you want to make it a suggestion?

Here is the CBV style syntax (from the latest help file), and yes it does look like you can do this:

Copy Bible Verses Syntax

Global Formatting Flags: (these flags will come first in your style template)

%NoCharFormatting 

remove character formatting, i.e., bold, italic, etc.

%NoParFormatting

remove paragraph formatting, i.e., poetry line breaks

%NoRedLetter

words of Christ will be in black text

%NoFootnotes

footnotes will not be copied

%NoCitation

bibliographic citations will not be copied

%UseBibleParagraphs

paragraphs will be copied as they appear in the Bible

%CopyAllText

all text will be copied, inc. cross-reference footnotes, verse numbers, etc.

Replacement tokens:

[FullPassageRef]

e.g., John 3:16-18

[ShortPassageRef]

e.g., Jn 3:16-18

[FullBookName]

e.g., John

[ShortBookName]

e.g., Jn

[ChapterNum]

e.g., 3

[VerseNum]

e.g., 16

[FullVerseRef]

e.g., John 3:16

[ShortVerseRef]

e.g., Jn 3:16

[Version]

e.g., ESV

[VerseText]

e.g., For God so loved ...

Formatting codes: (HTML tags)

<p>...</p>

paragraph

<b>...</b>

bold

<i>...</i>

italic

<u>...</u>

underline

<sup>...</sup>

superscript

<sub>...</sub>

subscript

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 4:42 AM

Rosie Perera:
Here is the CBV style syntax (from the latest help file), and yes it does look like you can do this:

Thanks Rosie. But you actually can't. What He want's to do is input the Bible Book and Chapter number (no verses) and then the passage. The codes above work, but not in that position. I've tried, and we tried in the other thread too.

This is a sample of what he wants (without the extra line space, of course):

BibleBook 2:

3This is some text. 4 This is some more text. 5 This would be the last sentence, just because.

Though it looks like this is possible, it won't actually work, at least I couldn't get it to work.

Posts 18886
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 5:21 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Rosie Perera:

Thanks Rosie. But you actually can't. What He want's to do is input the Bible Book and Chapter number (no verses) and then the passage. The codes above work, but not in that position. I've tried, and we tried in the other thread too.

This is a sample of what he wants (without the extra line space, of course):

BibleBook 2:

3This is some text. 4 This is some more text. 5 This would be the last sentence, just because.

Though it looks like this is possible, it won't actually work, at least I couldn't get it to work.

Well that's a bug then. I just tried what he was trying to do and you're right, it doesn't work. But the replacement token [FullPassageRef] works in the header, so the other ones should too. They don't. For example, if I try this:

%UseBibleParagraphs
%NoFootnotes
%NoRedLetter
%NoCitation

=Header
<p>[FullPassageRef][FullBookName][ChapterNum][VerseNum]</p>

=ForEachVerse
<sup>[VerseNum]</sup>[VerseText]

I get as the sample copy text:

Genesis 1:2–3[FullBookName][ChapterNum][VerseNum]

the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. 3Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

Clearly this feature needs more work. Inconsistency in treatment of replacement tokens is rampant. There's a line break after the versnum for verse 2, but not for verse 3. Versenum comes out in italics for verse 3 but not for verse 2. And though [FullPassageRef] is interpreted correctly in the header, [FullBookName], [ChapterNum], and [VerseNum] are not interpreted at all there (though I tested with another example and all three of them are interpreted when in the ForEachVerse section).

I think I need to raise this as a bug to Logos unless you've already done it in that other thread you refer to.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 5:29 AM

Rosie Perera:
I think I need to raise this as a bug to Logos unless you've already done it in that other thread you refer to.

Go for it. That last issue was a while ago, before we started to store them  on the WIKI.

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 5:50 AM

Danny Parker:

I have raised this point several times. See my last post here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8202.aspx. The desired functionality works quite well in L3 but there are still problems with it in L4. How does one get it into the Wiki? I am anxiously and patiently awaiting a fix. Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like this would be easy to fix.

Posts 405
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:31 AM

Thanks all. Thought I was missing it.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS