Update issue - error with extracting

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Tim Raymond | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 8 2014 1:14 AM
At the latest update the yellow band across the top of the screen now says:  "There is an update ready to be installed”.  However, when I click on  “Click here to install it now (Recommended)”  I get a message saying  “Extracting update" which quickly brings up an error message saying  “Update error! An error occurred while extracting the archive please try again later”.  I have now been "trying again later” for n days, even at times when I know that the connexion is good - but without success. What can you advise?
Posts 21868
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 1:39 AM

Hi Timothy - and welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Some questions:

• Are you running on Windows or OS X? (Which version?)
  • What version of Logos 5 software are you running?
  • How much free disk space do you have on the drive holding the Logos software?
  • Can you enable diagnostic logging and post logs after a failed install attempt as per https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging 

Graham

Posts 3
Tim Raymond | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 2:46 AM
Thanks for your prompt response: I'm running OS X 10.9.4 Logos 5.2.1.0171 Not sure how to find what free disk space there is. If I go to the apple Icon>About this Mac>More info>System Report>Hardware/Storage, I read: Available 344.48GB. Am enabling logging and will post log. Thanks
Posts 27554
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 5:03 AM
For Mac users, use the link in my signature line to learn about logging instead. You can also download the engine via the link provided.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24
Brian D Robbins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 7:28 AM

did you solve this problem ? I have the same issue - had it with maverick and it has continued with yosemitie - had it with logos 5 and it has continued with logos 6 even after completely removing logos 5 and installing logos 6 from scratch

Posts 27554
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 7:49 AM

Brian D Robbins:

did you solve this problem ? I have the same issue - had it with maverick and it has continued with yosemitie - had it with logos 5 and it has continued with logos 6 even after completely removing logos 5 and installing logos 6 from scratch

Brain - Sorry to hear about your troubles. It would be helpful if you created a new thread, in the appropriate forum (L6), explaining your issue clearly and providing appropriate details. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Tim Raymond | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 2:22 AM

I have still not received enough help to get me round this problem. I am on Logos 5  and have already given all the explanations and details that I can. There is nothing new and I am still stuck. Would be grateful for any advice or suggestions. Thanks Tim

Posts 21868
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 4:21 AM

Hi Tim

You were going to enable logging and post lots. Were you able to generate any logs?

Also did you try downloading the installer from the link in Alabams's post above?

Graham

Posts 24
Brian D Robbins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 8:12 AM

I ultimately gave up trying to self trouble shoot and worked with logos support. I had to get a technician who logged into my computer to effect the changes.  They deleted my installation, including all old logos files (though they copied/saved my resources) and did a total new installation of logos 6.  That solved the problem for me.  I apparently had something corrupted in some legacy logos files which prompted that installation error.

I hope that works for you too!

Brian

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS