Request: Modify the way "Sharing" works

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 8 2014 5:34 AM

Currently if I highlight a passage in any resource, right click, and choose to share the quotation with, say, Facebook - all that generates is a biblia link to the book.  Well that's nice, but shouldn't the quote I highlighted be pasted into the comment? 

Please paste the highlighted passage/ quotation into the comment field when sharing with Facebook the way you do when sharing with Twitter.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 22651
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 5:54 AM

Hi TC

It looks as though this is (at least, was) a Facebook restriction - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/49036/369426.aspx#369426 

Graham

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 6:23 AM

Great memory Graham.  I had forgotten that I ever read that.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 6:46 AM

Copy and Paste works. At least for me it does. I don't use the share on facebook button, I simply copy and paste into my status. It cites it and everything. Smile

Posts 2766
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 9:21 AM

As far as FB is concerned, this is what I do (and I use it quite often).

I have 2 custom "Copy Bible Verse" styles for Facebook. One for multi-verse and one for single-verse. Most of the time, I use the multi-verse regardless of the number of verses I post. Once the verse is selected, just use the "Show Copy Bible Verses" and "Copy" from Logos. On Facebook, just create a post and paste (CTRL V).

The Multi-Verse Style

%NoCharFormatting
%NoRedLetter
%NoFootnotes
%NoCitation

=Header
<p>[FullPassageRef] ([Version])</p>

=ForEachVerse
<p>[VerseNum] [VerseText]</p>

The Single-Verse Style

%NoCharFormatting
%NoRedLetter