This post has 27 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 29804
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 8 2014 8:23 PM

When will the Logos for Watch app be available (just kidding). Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4155
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 8:26 PM

IN theory its still iOS, which means it should be pretty easy to port it over, with a few optimizations for such a small screen.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Currently, iWatch has less market share than Windows Phone 8, so…

Wink

Posts 29804
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 9:35 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

Good one Bradley. That will last 24 hours. Big Smile

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

alabama24:
Good one Bradley. That will last 24 hours.

Ouch! 

24 hours, eh? What if it doesn't go on sale till 19 September? Huh?!

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 10:23 PM

I know it is all in jest... but no matter how smart a watch i do not need the Bible on it (unless it has a holographic projection screen... then it would be a cool Logos platform).

-Dan

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 10:42 PM

alabama24:
Good one Bradley. That will last 24 hours.

Ouch! 

Time will tell... heh.

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 10:55 PM

Wink

Yes, amen. I take it as a grain of hope for Windows Phone Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 11:08 PM

I can't get videos to run for more than a few minutes before the battery goes flat, and searching my 10,000 resources offline takes a few hours. Why can't Logos for iWatch be faster?

Posts 116
Paolo russo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 8 2014 11:26 PM

What about, when someone asks you "what time is it?" and you pull up your watch, show logos app on it and just answer "time to read the bible!!!"

Posts 29804
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 9 2014 4:55 AM

I meant 24 hours from when it goes on sale. The rumors suggest that the watch may not go on sale until next calendar year. All kidding aside... As for "market share,"... When this device is released, it will 1) define a new market and 2) capture the lion's share of that market. This was the pattern for the iPod, iPhone and iPad. I think this device will be a big deal (not like the current AppleTV which I love, but wasn't a "game changer").

Kevin Byford:
Time will tell... heh.

Big Smile That's my kind of joke.

Paolo russo:
show logos app on it and just answer "time to read the bible!!!"

SmileYes

abondservant:
IN theory its still iOS, which means it should be pretty easy to port it over, with a few optimizations for such a small screen.

I am a strong believer that "form follows function" and vice versa. The iOS mobile apps would need more than a "few optimizations." The FUNCTION of any 'iWatch' apps would need to be tailored to the new FORM. 

One app which might be better suited for the form: Memorization. Also, the "verse of the day" pics... but probably only a limited subset which are customized for the different sized screen.

Posts 2470
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 9 2014 5:13 AM

alabama24:

When this device is released, it will 1) define a new market and 2) capture the lion's share of that market").

Let's see. Android is on more phones than iOS and Galaxy Gear is already on the market. Pebble makes a smartwatch that is compatible with BOTH iOS and Adroid 4.0 and newer. I'm not seeing the "define and capture"

To make this post forum compatible...I have a free ESPN app on my Pebble that provides scores from MLB, NCAAF, NFL, NHL and NBA. A logos app that provides Verse of the day would be nice.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 9 2014 9:42 AM

alabama24:

I meant 24 hours from when it goes on sale. The rumors suggest that the watch may not go on sale until next calendar year. All kidding aside... As for "market share,"... When this device is released, it will 1) define a new market and 2) capture the lion's share of that market. This was the pattern for the iPod, iPhone and iPad. I think this device will be a big deal (not like the current AppleTV which I love, but wasn't a "game changer").

The Apple TV is nice but kind of useless. What is a gamechanger (IMHO) is the Chromecast. $35 and it sees more use in my house than my Xbox One and a custom built HTPC.

I wish the Logos and bibleScreen apps have some sort of Chromecast support soon.

Also, iWatch and Android Wear support for verse memorization would be great.

Posts 29804
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 9 2014 10:53 AM

Geo Philips:
The Apple TV is nice but kind of useless. What is a gamechanger (IMHO) is the Chromecast.

What is "game changing" about chrome cast? I don't really know much about it... From what I have heard, it is just a device to play media streaming from your mobile device. Is that right? If so, what is "game changing" about that? (The AppleTV does that but more). I am fairly certain the FireTV does that as well. 

I haven't seen the FireTV in action, but the AppleTV is the nicest experience I have seen so far... But it needs to be updated... and new content added. 

Posts 24
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 9 2014 1:18 PM

Apple Watch NOT for sale until "Early 2015"  Just announced today.

Posts 2757
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 9 2014 4:17 PM

Very bad form to be looking at your watch in the pulpit or when counseling. I hope Bradley's market share is prophetic.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 408
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 9 2014 4:30 PM

alabama24:

When will the Logos for Watch app be available (just kidding). Smile

Heaven forbid!  I spent decades getting over the emotional trauma of my Grandfather (who was a successful business man and whom I highly respected) telling me that he would never hire any man who didn't wear a watch.  I put up with bands pulling the hair out of my arm for far too many years until the advent of the cell phone (after a brief interlude with a pocket watch) freed me from the bondage of the unholy arm piece.  Why anyone would want to go back to a small screen format with a sweaty and painful (for those of us with hirsute arms) band is beyond me. Big Smile

Posts 382
Sacrifice | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 9 2014 4:44 PM

My Christmas gift - late one - will be this watch. So, I would enjoy in it if it could (1) read the Bible to me on the way to ... (2) I could use Siri to do a quick look up of a verse. But I do this (1) from the car now, so ...

Yours In Christ

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 9 2014 5:26 PM

alabama24:
The FUNCTION of any 'iWatch' apps would need to be tailored to the new FORM.

Sounds like you will be camping out at the Apple store, 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 9 2014 5:32 PM

Erik:
Why anyone would want to go back to a small screen format with a sweaty and painful (for those of us with hirsute arms) band is beyond me. Big Smile

I retired in 1998. I have not worn a watch since.  I am not going to start wearing one for Apple.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS