Making Personal Notes go Mobile

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 44
Michael Krogstad | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 6 2010 6:44 AM

With the latest upgrade to Logos4, I am now able to have my resources with me virtually where ever I go.  I have been reading through the threads on notes and note keeping, but keep coming back to one question.  Has anyone found a solution or have thoughts on how a person could keep notes available as well where ever you go?  If, based on the licensing, I have my main machine at  home, a netbook that travels with me, and an iTouch/iPhone on me, any thoughts/suggestions/solutions to being able to keeping a running set if notes/journal that would be able to be either accessable or synced between all three?

Michael

Posts 2699
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:07 AM

This is not possible between all three yet. Of course the two PCs will sync within v. 4. But the iphone app has not yet added that feature. I am hoping and was actually told by Bob when I listed my desired features in an iphone app in another post that this would be in the iphone app.  Note syncing is not there yet, but lets hope.

Posts 44
Michael Krogstad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:56 AM

What about outside the Logos environment?

Posts 54
Dave Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 10:45 AM

Outside of Logos you can use Evernote. It's a desktop app for mac and PC, a mobile app for your phone and a web app you can access through any computer. I like having my notes with me so I copy and paste them out of Logos into Evernote.

Posts 44
Michael Krogstad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:35 AM

Thanks for that tip.

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 6:49 PM

The iPhone app should have note syncing in a future release.

Posts 2699
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:51 PM

Bob Pritchett:

The iPhone app should have note syncing in a future release.

Let's hope this means future as in next few weeks instead of future as in by the time the get an iphone for Verizon/Spring.

But very good to hear.

Posts 119
Ross Durham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 6:37 AM

Definitely would like to have my Notes available in the Mobile Web version of Logos.  This will be very useful.

Posts 40
josh s blake | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 8:05 PM

When...........?

Posts 4
Jay Mooney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2011 12:32 PM

Unfortunately, I gave up on Logos mobile note taking and synchronization and moved to Laridian's PocketBible for this among other things.  After waiting over a year, I went down the road of PocketBible for my iPhone and iPad needs.  iPocketBible.com holds my master file.  They all sync smoothly and I can share them with family.

Posts 44
Michael Krogstad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2011 3:07 PM

Thanks for the information.  With it being over 18 months since the word on it coming to Logos, I have gone around on it as well.  Will have to look more at the PocketBible sync.  I have also been working with the notes in Olive Tree to see what they can do.

Michael

Posts 885
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2011 3:44 PM

Michael Krogstad:

Thanks for the information.  With it being over 18 months since the word on it coming to Logos, I have gone around on it as well.  Will have to look more at the PocketBible sync.  I have also been working with the notes in Olive Tree to see what they can do.

Michael

Jay and Michael, if Logos were to give users more frequent and detailed insight into anticipated delivery dates for features like this, would it sway you from "jumping ship" to another Bible study application? 

"I read dead people..."

Posts 2917
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2011 5:12 PM

Every time a new release comes out I am hopeful i will see something about notes or highlights there. This seems to me like it needs to be THE PRIORITY of Logos right now. Notetaking and highlighting are a basic function in other ereaders, so in that sense, while Logos may have an advantage in some other areas, they are sorely behind in the mobile department until these functions are established. With the launch of Vyrso, Logos is hoping to reach a wider audience and steal sales that otherwise would be going to Kindle or iBooks.

But I fear that the main thing that will keep so many out is the lack of notes and highlighting.  And unfortunately many will try Vyrso/Logos and then leave due to these deficiencies. A significant percentage of them will not come back even after these things are established because "they don't have notes or highlighting."

Please hurry.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS