Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 12 2014 6:14 AM

Ok, I know I'm off by one (always have been). It's day 255; tomorrow is 2^8, but someone goofed the spec and it falls on a weekend this year--It should always land during the week so there is >more< reason for goof off time at work.

Just want to say Thank You to all the programmers at Logos. It's an extremely challenging job that would likely be perfect if it weren't for us users. Stick out tongue On occasion, we sometimes go beyond constructive feedback and in to giving how-to advice, kind of like a monkey telling a tree how to grow a banana. We love to hop in to the back seat where it's nice and cozy and safe and tell you how to drive, what to drive, what color to paint it, what oil to use, which clothes to wear while you drive and how to comb your hair for better aerodynamics when the top is down. All good natured "advice". You work hard on these software systems, you have a vision and put everything into it, they're part of you and sometimes well-intentioned "advice" really bites in to that. But you always handle it graciously and keep on pounding out amazing, amazing work... for us!

We may not always agree on all decisions and priorities (who does?), but there a few things I'm confident of that are indisputable and that are exhibited daily in your work and your interactions on the forum: 1) that you care about your users and have the best of intentions toward them, and 2) you are absolute experts and excellent craftsmen. Logos' desktop and mobile apps are amazingly engineered systems that provide an unparalleled set of features and resources to your users, and to the uncountable people ministered to by them.

To all the programmer's out there: the desktop guys, the mobile guys, the website guys, the tool and infrastructure guys:   T h a n k   Y o u ! ! !

Have a fun, exciting, totally unproductive Programmer's Day. Big Smile

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 7:05 AM

Good write up Randy. To the programmers, get up, stretch, go for a walk, look at the countryside, then go back to work. Wink

Pastor's orders.

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 8608
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 7:12 AM

Randy W. Sims:
To all the programmer's out there: the desktop guys, the mobile guys, the website guys, the tool and infrastructure guys:   T h a n k   Y o u ! ! !

Yes

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 7:25 AM

Few of my friends are computer programmers and they are extremely creative and excellent problem solvers.  The best logicians if not one of the best logic's practitioners out there.   Logos software is a powerful program because all of you.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  God bless and have a very Happy Programmer's day, Big Smile.   

Posts 2766
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 7:28 AM

TCBlack:

Randy W. Sims:

Yes

Yes, I will express my "Thank You" as well. Your mission is much appreciated and noticed. Smile

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS