How Do You...

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 16 2014 8:27 AM

How do you copy and paste from an interlinear and retain what you see on the screen? For example when I copy and paste I either get just the English text (as with NASB interlinear) or just the Hebrew text (as in the Lexham Hebrew-English interlinear). Surely it is possible to copy and paste and retain the english and hebrew text?!

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 16 2014 8:53 AM

Garrett, 

Simply select and copy (CTRL+c) or make sure if using the right click menu that you are using the proper "tab" and that the selection and not Lemma or something else is showing.

What you copy is put in the clipboard as a table.

Garrett Mercury:
Surely it is possible to copy and paste and retain the english and hebrew text?!

It does work for the LHI 

שְׁמַ֖ע   יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל   יְהוָ֥ה   אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ   יְהוָ֥ה׀   אֶחָֽד׃
שׁמע יִשְׂרָאֵל יהוה אֱלֹהִים · אֲנַ֫חְנוּ יהוה אֶחָד
hear Israel Yahweh God · our Yahweh one/onlya
hear Israel Yahweh God · our Yahweh one/only|unique
VaM2MS NP-SA NPMSA NCMPC · RS1-P NPMSA UC-SA
Christo van der Merwe, The Lexham Hebrew-English Interlinear Bible (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2004), Dt 6:4.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 16 2014 9:58 AM

Thanks for your reply. I still have no success. Perhaps I should have mentioned that I am using the Apple version with a MacBook Pro?

Posts 1770
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 16 2014 10:03 AM

Hi Garrett,

I am not on MAC but can you tell us what version of the Bible that you are trying to copy from and what program that you are trying to paste it in to? This will help other MAC users to troubleshoot.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 16 2014 10:13 AM

I am trying to paste into Pages. I've tried using the two Bibles mentioned in my post above. Sorry for not mentioning that I'm an Apple guy. In retrospect I should have posted it in the Mac forum...

Posts 28233
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 16 2014 10:59 AM

Garrett Mercury:
In retrospect I should have posted it in the Mac forum...

There isn't a "mac forum" any longer. Questions about L5, irrespective of platform (Mac/PC) should be posted in the L5 forum. This post <probably> should have been posted there.

Garrett Mercury:
I am trying to paste into Pages.

If you have an older version of pages, you might want to try using it. I love the new version, but pasting and keeping formatting can be problematic. Check your applications folder... you might still have it.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 16 2014 11:52 AM

Thanks for your reply. My version of Pages is the newest because my Macbook is relatively new. I find it odd that this is an issue? Am I the only one with this problem?

Posts 28233
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 16 2014 2:43 PM

Garrett Mercury:
I find it odd that this is an issue? Am I the only one with this problem?

No. It is actually a common issue, and unrelated (directly) to Logos. I am in a hurry now, but there are many threads which deal with the issue of the loss of functionality when pasting into Pages 5.x. Part of the issue is Apple making the desktop and mobile versions completely compatible. 

I just tried "notes" and MSFT Word. Both were able to paste the content in properly. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 16 2014 3:23 PM

Thanks so much for your reply. This is disappointing but my life will bravely move forward!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS