Who has the oldest Pre-pub order?

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:07 PM

Who has the oldest pre-pub order on your list of orders?  Just as a fun thing - they may want to check and see if someone fell asleep at their desk!  Big Smile

My entry - Oxford Latin Dictionary [CD-ROM], pre-ordered on Jan. 10, 2007!  Three years ago next week!

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:35 PM

I take this from the first line of the item description: "Fifty years in the making" You've only been waiting 3??? Wink

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4628
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:43 PM

I ordered the Hebrew Pronunciation Add-in September 23, 2007.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:01 PM

9/21/2006 Sahidic Coptic Collection (still gathering interest by the way).

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:24 PM

Oxford Latin Dictionary [CD-ROM] - 7/22/05

W.E. Crum's Coptic Dictionary - 12/29/05

Posts 516
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:25 PM

I preordered the Oxford Latin Dictionary on July 22, 2005 when it was first offered on pre-pub. I believe it's the oldest one out there. the next oldest is Crum's Coptic Dictionary which I preordered on Dec 22, 2005.

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:27 PM

I would like to see who has the oldest pre-pub that isn't still gathering interest!

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:31 PM

Dominick Sela:
My entry - Oxford Latin Dictionary [CD-ROM], pre-ordered on Jan. 10, 2007!  Three years ago next week!

I ordered my oldest prepub, SPCK Gospel Studies Collection, on the same day - 1/10/2007!

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 56
Paul Knopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:34 PM

I ORDERED THE UBS NEW TESTAMENT HANBOOK SERIES AS MY FIRST PRE-PUB ON 7/17/2003. I THINK THE PRE-PUB PROGRAM STARTED AROUND THAT TIME.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:35 PM

JimVanSchoonhoven:

I would like to see who has the oldest pre-pub that isn't still gathering interest!

In Christ,

Jim

\

I can speak for the Oxford Latin Dictionary referenced by a few people, that's under contract. I have at least one other from 2007 that's under contract too!

Posts 308
James W Bennett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 4:51 AM

Of mine that are still "Gathering Interest" I have the Northwest Semitic Collection pre-ordered on 9/28/2006. Of those that have moved to "Under Development" I have the Qumran Biblical Dead Sea Scrolls Database pre-ordered on 11/7/2007.

I actually have two that are earlier on the list of pre-publications, which is sorted by date. However they do not report the date that they were placed on pre-publication. As a matter of fact, none of the pre-publications that I selected for "Download" list a date that they were pre-ordered.

[EDIT]

Actually the products that I selected for download do have a date. Just not on their individual product page but on the pre-publication page. So the oldest I have is the Synopsis of the Greek Sources for the Hasmonean Period pre-ordered on 8/13/2006.

---

James W Bennett

http://syriac.tara-lu.com/

Posts 32
Adam Couturier | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 7:59 AM

Does anyone know when the Qumran Biblical Dead Sea Scrolls Database is slated to be shipped?

Posts 3667
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 8:25 AM

Only three years.... Logos is working at light speed... only DoT can work at geological speeds. Wink

I've lived in Atlanta , GA (late '60s), & Wichita, KS (80s). With apologies to the fine men & women actually working these projects in both states... In Atlanta, there was a song about never-ending construction on Peachtree (one of the main drags near Ga Tech). I no longer remember the verses, only the refrain:

They're tearing up Peachtree again, again,
They're tearing up Peachtree again, again.

And in WIchita, someone penned this joke in reference to never-ending construction on Kellog, the main East-West route through the city (aka US-54):

5 billion years from now, do you know what it will mean when the sun goes out? They'll have to finish construction on Kellogg in the dark.

We're obviously seeing GREAT progress from Logos. Big SmileWink

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1
martin charles davies | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 3:56 AM

I too pre-ordered the Oxford Latin Dictionary in spring 2007. Won't someone from Logos tell us what is going on? My paper copy won't last much longer ...

Martin Davies

Posts 10582
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 4:10 AM

BillS:
only DoT can work at geological speeds. Wink

That reminds me of a quote from a local traffic report: "The new North Carolina state tree is the orange barrel" Big Smile I think some workers may have spent their entire career on I-85 through Salisbury, NC. It is very nice traveling through there now that it is finally complete.

On Topic: None of my pre-pubs are older than last February, not even a year old yet.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 4:47 AM

My oldest order is Latin Oxford Dictionary also, Jan 10, 2007.

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 5:42 AM

BillS:

And in WIchita, someone penned this joke in reference to never-ending construction on Kellog, the main East-West route through the city (aka US-54):

5 billion years from now, do you know what it will mean when the sun goes out? They'll have to finish construction on Kellogg in the dark.

Bill,

The last time I was in Wichita, they still hadn't finished working on Kellogg. It was a real mess.

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 6:22 AM

Didn't order it when it first came out , but Barnes Notes has to top the "oldest pre pub " product list.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 6:27 AM

Shawn Drewett:

Didn't order it when it first came out , but Barnes Notes has to top the "oldest pre pub " product list.

Barnes Notes isn't a pre-pub yet (rather, it's just a pipe-dream Smile).  So no one at Logos is working on it---unlike the Oxford Latin Dictionary, which should be on someone's plate at Logos.  Maybe Bob fired that individual. Stick out tongue

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 8:26 AM

Dominick Sela:
Who has the oldest pre-pub order on your list of orders?

Certainly not me, but it was quite interesting to sort the prepub list by Oldest (http://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Pre-Pub&start=0&sort=oldest&pageSize=60). I would e g never have guessed that so many JS?TS OT collections had been there so long. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS