Mcmaster New Testament Series

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2691
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:00 AM

I am not sure why this series have not made it to Logos yet!    ..........................................................................................................................................................................
Hearing the Old Testament in the New Testament (Mcmaster New Testament Studies) by Stanley E. Porter

Contours Of Christology In The New Testament (Mcmaster New Testament Studies) by Richard N. Longenecker and H. H. BINGHAM

The Messiah in the Old and New Testaments (Mcmaster New Testament Studies) by Stanley E. Porter

Reading the Gospels Today (Mcmaster New Testament Studies) by Stanley E. Porter

Life in the Face of Death: The Resurrection Message of the New Testament (Mcmaster New Testament Studies) by Richard N. Longenecker

Patterns of Discipleship in the New Testament (Mcmaster New Testament Studies) by Richard N. Longenecker

Translating the New Testament: Text, Translation, Theology (Mcmaster New Testament Studies) by Stanley E. Porter and Mark J. Boda

The Road from Damascus (Mcmaster New Testament Studies) by Richard N. Longnecker and Richard N. Longenecker

Into God's Presence: Prayer in the New Testament (Mcmaster New Testament Series) by Richard N. Longenecker

The Challenge of Jesus' Parables (McMaster New Testament Series) by Richard N. Longenecker.

Thanks.   Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2691
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:30 AM

My long awaited request for the McMaster New Testament Series has finally made it into Logos http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/7541  Thank you Logos, much appreciated.

Ted.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Mike Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:36 AM

Ted Hans:
Thanks.   Ted

You're welcome!

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 11:07 PM

G'day,  only just noticed this collection and realised it is nearing release.  Just wondering if anyone has used this set in print form.  The range of topics and breadth of authours seems impressive, but I have not used this series.  How useful is it?

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2011 11:35 AM

I have the same question. Anyone?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1277
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2011 11:39 AM

Hi Mark

I've only ever used/read the Hearing the OT in the NT book in this series. It is a collection of essays, I received a review copy for my blog a few years back.

Here are the posts. The first has a TOC:

http://j.mp/lvpjUJ

The second has just a bit of interaction with the book; apparently I didn't blog much about it:

http://j.mp/jrgOpd

Hope those help, at least with the Hearing the OT in the NT title.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2011 1:03 PM

Thanks, Rick.

That volume was one of the ones that looked least promising from the Look Inside feature on Amazon. It seems you weren't that moved by the book as a whole. Some of the other volumes looked a bit more worthwhile. I've put a bid in for now, but could bail later on.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 7:58 AM

Why was the Patterns of Diciscipleship in the New Testament volume left out of the Logos series?  I think it is the best volume in the whole series.  Will it be made available as an individual volume?

Posts 2691
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 11:56 AM

Mark Johnson:

Why was the Patterns of Diciscipleship in the New Testament volume left out of the Logos series?  I think it is the best volume in the whole series.  Will it be made available as an individual volume?

Long story!

Short answer Logos is aware of this and looking to license the above volume.

Ted

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS