D. A. Carson Sermon Collection - How could this happen??????

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 6:31 AM

$90.00

um.....pass.

Posts 7859
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 9:42 AM

I jumped on it, but if it lags too long I may pull out.  Now $90 bucks is not that bad compared to the MacArthur's Sermon Archive, which pretty much is going for $200.

DAL

Posts 341
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 20 2014 1:18 PM

Phil Gons:

All is well, Clifford. The project is still on track. The contract is signed. The files are in hand. I'm confident this product will make it.

The main reason it's not at 100% yet is the sizable production cost. There are two factors that make it more expensive than other sermon archive products:

1. In other cases, the sermons have already been transcribed. We just have to mark up the text files to take advantage of our system's features. With these, we're doing all of the transcription work manually from audio or video files.
  2. This is the first sermon archive product that includes audio and video along with text transcriptions.

No need to worry. It'll get there, and we have no intention of canceling it. Thanks for your enthusiasm for this project.

Phil... Thanks for the update!  Looking forward to its eventual arrival.

Everyone... A impressive offering at an impressive price imo Cool.

Steve

Posts 2084
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 20 2014 1:25 PM

Thanks Phil for the update on this.

Posts 43
Steven Leavitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2015 6:57 AM

BumpSmile

Just trying to get this going again. We are soon close.

Posts 45
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2015 9:33 PM

I am hopeful that this will happen in my lifetime.  I do admire Dr. Carson's ministry as much as I admire his scholarly writings. 

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS