I Want More

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 748
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 21 2014 6:08 AM

Call me greedy, but I want more!  I am studying the concept that God wants us to have more, not more more things, but more in terms of our relationship with Him and with each other.  I guess it boils down to having a purpose or a sense of mission.  I am working on putting together a seminar along this line, Created For More!  Some of the books I am reading in this regard are:

You Were Made for More: The Life You Have, the Life God Wants You to HaveJim CymbalaDean Merrill

Crave: Wanting So Much More of GodChris Tomlinson

A Quest for More: Living for Something Bigger than YouPaul David Tripp

I am wondering if you could suggest other books or arthors along this line.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 6:39 AM

You could try a search for "Created for More", Made for More". Purpose Driven", and others to search through some results and see if there is anything there you like.

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 7:06 AM

Not in Logos, but I would say this needs to be on the list.  I would also look at the videos with this to add to the seminar.

Not a Fan : Kyle Idleman

Posts 29914
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 7:56 AM

William:

Not in Logos, but I would say this needs to be on the list. 

Not a Fan : Kyle Idleman

Yes it is! https://vyrso.com/products/search?q=Not+a+fan 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 11:24 AM

Happy are you Poor in Thomas Dubay Collection (2 vols.) Would likely be a good book for you to look into as well, I read it and Richard Foster's Freedom of Simplicity almost back to back and while I like Foster, Thomas Dubay's book was much better grounded in my mind.

-Dan

Posts 748
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 2:13 PM

Thanks for your suggestions.  I forgot about Kyle Idlemans book, Not a Fan.  It is an excellent book.  That reminded me of Francis Chans books Crazy Love and Forgotten God.

Posts 2517
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 2:21 PM

try searching your library for the word "deep" - mine suggested several monographs

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1
Leo Mouchet | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 2:34 PM

That you want More of God in your life there are two things I will point you to:

first in 2 Tim.2:15 God says "study to show yourself approved..."with approval comes a closer relationship with God.

second, I am not against reading books especially the Bible and I think that is what you should concentrate on; for God clearly says that "without Faith you cannot please God and that should be our goal "Pleasing God" Who says that Faith comes by hearing and Hearing by the word of God! Now the study material from what I have found so far in the Logos systems will supply the reading you are looking for! take your time and research the topics in the logos study Library. I'm sure you will find Everything you need!

Leo Mouchet

Posts 748
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 5:45 PM

Thanks David.  That was a good suggestion.  I came up with 245 volumes.  This is going to be a much larger task than I had anticipated.

Posts 748
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 21 2014 5:53 PM

Leo Mouchet:

That you want More of God in your life there are two things I will point you to:

first in 2 Tim.2:15 God says "study to show yourself approved..."with approval comes a closer relationship with God.

second, I am not against reading books especially the Bible and I think that is what you should concentrate on; for God clearly says that "without Faith you cannot please God and that should be our goal "Pleasing God" Who says that Faith comes by hearing and Hearing by the word of God! Now the study material from what I have found so far in the Logos systems will supply the reading you are looking for! take your time and research the topics in the logos study Library. I'm sure you will find Everything you need!

Leo Mouchet

Thanks Leo.  I agree.  There certainly is a wealth of information in my Logos library.  You mentioned take your time.  That is key.  In becoming like Jesus I need to spend time with Him.  Study and learn and practice what you have learned seems to be the secret to spiritual growth.

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 22 2014 1:13 AM

Michael Kinch:
Call me greedy, but I want more!  I am studying the concept that God wants us to have more, not more more things, but more in terms of our relationship with Him and with each other.  I guess it boils down to having a purpose or a sense of mission.

A lot of Piper's stuff would fit this description, I think, particularly:

Other books in my library which I've not read (and therefore can't recommend!) that may fit your theme are:

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS