Unable to install L5 on Mac?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 29 2014 2:34 PM

I recently upgraded my Mac to Yosemite and now I'm trying to install Logos back on it (I had previously uninstalled it before upgrading my computer).  However, I can't get it to install.  When I open the Logos app from my Applications folder it immediately closes again, before I'm prompted to login or anything.  I'm trying to install using build #5.2.2.1489

Thanks!

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 24952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 29 2014 3:05 PM

Rev Chris:
 I'm trying to install using build #5.2.2.1489

That's old. Install from this link and if you encounter problems then upload logs as per https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/mac/problem (you can enable logging before installing).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 30 2014 4:07 AM

Rev Chris:

I recently upgraded my Mac to Yosemite 

Yosemite is not official release software yet, so strictly speaking you can't 'upgrade' to it. Don't know if Logos has signed off Logos 5 on it yet, don't think they can because Yosemite is not final.

Best to save your logs and post them, perhaps the community can help.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 30 2014 5:42 AM

Thanks Patrick - I created a new post with "Crash" in the title per the instructions.  The release notes for the latest L5 build indicates Yosemite support, but yes I know I'm taking a chance using beta OS software. Smile

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 7 2014 8:57 PM

Rev Chris:

... but yes I know I'm taking a chance using beta OS software. Smile

Wiki has Logos Beta information => https://wiki.logos.com/The_Logos_5_Beta_Program 

Logos 5.3 Beta is a 64 bit application, which works (along with several bugs) on OS X 10.10 Public Beta

Logos 5.2b will be the last of 32 bit applications for OS X.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 6:14 AM

Thanks - I actually got it figured out.  After doing some digging around on my computer, I had an empty L4 folder buried in a hidden system folder on my Mac.  I deleted that and it installed just fine.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS