Logos 5 not downloading resources

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Mark Lautenschlager | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 4 2014 12:31 PM

I recently replaced my primary hard drive in my Windows desktop computer (installed an SSD--love it!). As part of this process, I've had to reinstall all of my applications. I've reached the point of reinstalling Logos 5.

I downloaded the latest Windows installer from Logos.com. I ran the installer and everything seemed normal. When the installation finished, I was asked to sign in (which I did) and the program launched. At that point I expected to see that it was preparing to download. Only, it wasn't. And didn't.

I'm sure that my account is correct. I can sign in to Biblia.com. I can sign in using Logos for iOS. I can sign in using Logos 5 on my MacBook. So I know my user name and password, and when I log in at the website, it shows my account and all of my books.

It simply Will. Not. Download.

Any suggestions? Yeah, I know. Call support. If support was open on Saturday afternoons, I would. But this is my personal machine at home, and thus it is evenings and weekends when I'm working on it. I can call Monday, but then I'll be in front of my work computer, at the office, where the program DOES work, and not here, at home, where it does not. (Le Sigh)

Any OTHER suggestions? I tried entering the update now command. It said "Checking for updates..." for a long while, and then that message went away and still no download.

The machine is running Windows 7 64-bit with SP1. Nothing about the hardware other than the hard drive has changed.

Posts 20
Mark Lautenschlager | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 4 2014 12:33 PM

Well...never mind! After a long pause (about 20 minutes) of leaving the program open, it suddenly started download 6.27 GB of updates! Hehe.

I would say that my library is on the way.

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 4 2014 1:39 PM

Great. Let us know the end result

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS