28 Book Suggestion for inclusion in Logos

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2719
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:27 PM
A long list, these are my wish list for addition/ inclusion in Logos. I would be grateful if these books find their way into Logos. Thanks

Ted Hans 
  1. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: Relationships, Roles, and Relevance by Bruce A. Ware
  2. God's Greater Glory: The Exalted God Of Scripture And The Christian Faith by Bruce A. Ware
  3. God's Lesser Glory: The Diminished God of Open Theism by Bruce A. Ware
  4. Their God Is Too Small: Open Theism and the Undermining of Confidence in God by Bruce A. Ware
  5. Still Sovereign: Contemporary Perspectives on Election, Foreknowledge, and Grace by Thomas Schreiner and Bruce Ware
  6. Jesus in Trinitarian Perspective: An Introductory Christology by Scott Horrell, Donald Fairbairn, Garrett DeWeese, and Bruce Ware
  7. The Grace of God, the Bondage of the Will: Biblical and Practical Perspectives on Calvinism (Grace of God, the Bondage of the Will Vol. 1) by Thomas R. Schreiner and Bruce A. Ware
  8. The Grace of God, the Bondage of the Will (Vol. 2): Historical and Theological Perspectives on Calvinismby Thomas R. Schreiner and Bruce A. Ware
  9. God Under Fire by Douglas S. Huffman, Eric L. Johnson, R. Douglas Geivett, and Gerald L. Bray 
  10. Why i am not an Arminian by Robert Peterson and Michael D. Williams
  11. Who's Tampering with the Trinity?: An Assessment of the Subordination Debate by Millard Erickson
  12. What Does God Know and When Does He Know It?: The Current Controversy over Divine Foreknowledge by Millard J. Erickson
  13. How Much Does God Foreknow?: A Comprehensive Biblical Study by Steven C. Roy
  14. Divine Sovereignty and Human Responsibility: Biblical Perspective in Tension by D.A. Carson
  15. Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God (Ivp Classics)

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 12:51 PM

Ted, I like your choices. Many of them I have in print but would love to see them in logos. I'll vote for the entire list.Yes

Posts 44
Sam Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 1:02 PM

Wow, like, all those titles are reactionary.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 1:12 PM

I'll vote for the list too....not familiar with them all, but they keep good company with the books I do know.

Packer's "Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God" should have been in Logos long ago.  I'd really like Bruce Ware's books on open theism as well.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 12:47 PM

Ted,

Good list!

I am currently reading and I like its rather comprehensive study of the topic.

How is

Thanks

Alain

Posts 2719
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 1:08 PM

Alain Maashe:
How is

Not as comprehensive but of the same school/approach as Gagnon, something down your street. The best way to describe it is that the author does egage in good exegesis, historical surveys of ancient writers like Plato and words in ancient Greek writers etc. Simple enough for folks like me to followSmile. Gargon and De Young work are complimentary.

From what i have seen of your writing in the forum i would be surprise if this does not meet with your approval.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS