Who is the Pre-eminent authority on dispensational pre-millenialism, and do they have a book in Logos?

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 5:44 AM

HansK:

Robert Thomas, his Exegetical Commentary on Revelation is (was) in Logos.

Sadly, it was a victim of the infamous Moody dispute. I would love to see it return to Logos.

Posts 1923
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 6:21 AM

David Thomas:
Grant Osborne on Revelation is a hard resource to bea

Would he be considered historic premillennial?

Posts 245
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 7:25 AM

Mike Measley:

For Dispensational Pre-millennialism I would agree with all who mentioned Chafer, Ryrie and Walvoord.

Walvoord's The Prophecy Knowledge Handbook.

I would recommend Shower's There Really is a Difference, which will explain some of the distinctions between Covenant and Dispensational views succinctly.

**However, for a one volume handling of Dispensational Pre-millennialism without the full systematic theology, I personally find J. Dwight Pentecost's Things to Come second to none in handling this theological framework, and in examining the relevant scriptures. Unfortunately, it is not available in Logos, though I have suggested it, and hope that someday it will be available.

I heartily recommend the three resources above from Mike's post.  I'd also add some of Dave Hunt's works, as he is a classic Premillennial Dispensationalist and does a nice job of succinctly pointing out aspects of the belief structure in the following books, "How Close are We?", "Global Peace and the Rise of Anti-Christ", "Whatever Happened to Heaven" (which deals with some of the different views on eschatology down through the centuries), "A Woman Rides the Beast", "A Cup of Trembling", and "Judgment Day."

It would be a dream come true for me if Logos would carry at least some of Dave's books.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 7:31 AM

Great information from everyone - thanks!

One of my professors, and a member of this forum is the son-in-law of Pentecost.

I ordered that title off amazon.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 884
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 7:34 AM

Scofield practically coined the dispensational perspective.  at a less scholarly, but still valuable level: Larkin for his graphic representations.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 10452
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 8:23 AM

abondservant:
One of my professors, and a member of this forum is the son-in-law of Pentecost.

Be very sure that you quote Things to Come Wink

Posts 59
David J. Sugg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 8:27 AM

The best on Historic Pre-millenialism is George Eldon Ladd.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=Ladd&Author=5641%7cGeorge+Eldon+Ladd&redirecttoauthor=true

Dave

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 12:38 PM

Brother Mark:

Scofield practically coined the dispensational perspective.  at a less scholarly, but still valuable level: Larkin for his graphic representations.

I have both already in my library and on the list, thanks! Scofield collection I picked up recently for 20$ from Logos. Felt like that was quite a steal.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 5:05 PM

Yes. As is James Montgomery Boice.

Posts 2821
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 9:31 PM

Everett Headley:

FWIW, Ryrie's Dispensationalism is in Logos, however it was pulled when Moody pulled their works in Logos.  You may be able to find other channels to get a copy and transfer the license.  

As for Historical Premillenialism, I know Francis Shaeffer held that view, but again his works are no longer available in Logos, but see above for getting a copy.

The most prominent Historical Premillenial scholar is George Ladd, and Logos has a George Ladd collection.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 134
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 5:18 PM

Forgive my comment here, but George N. H. Peters would be a great resource to add to those already mentioned, and it is available from Logos. In three volumes, Peters in his work The Theocratic Kingdom is the most thorough scholar I've encountered in the field of Bible prophecy. Dr. Dwight Pentecost cites Peters a number of times in his great work, Things to Come. In my estimation, Ladd and some other contemporary scholars, even Tim LeHaye, might have written even better volumes than they have had they made a careful study of Peters first.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 8:16 AM

I emailed my sales person about the third option. Thanks for bringing it up.

I think I had that title on pre-pub, but it must have finished at an inopportune time.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 8:18 AM

abondservant:

Great information from everyone - thanks!

I ordered that title off amazon.

:)

Different prof unfortunately. But yes, had I been writing about Eschatology for him, I'd have quoted Pentecost. Still may, I have that book in my print library

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS