SUGGESTION: Wrongly Dividing the Word of Truth

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 8 2014 6:17 AM

I didn’t have the heart to post this in reply to Who is the Pre-eminent authority on dispensational pre-millenialism, and do they have a book in Logos? Smile

But a Reformed gentleman who understood dispensationalism and critiqued it very effectively was John H. Gerstner. I would like to see if is book Wrongly Dividing the Word of Truth: A Critique of Dispensationalism can be made available in Logos format.

Also:

Understanding Dispensationalists by Vern Sheridan Poythress.

Dispensationalism: Rightly Dividing the People of God? by Keith A. Mathison

The last two are both from P & R, from which we have been promised more titles. Wink

Posts 1933
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 6:37 AM

I subscribe to revised dispensationalism but would welcome these suggestions in Logos.  The strength of Logos Bible software is the ability to study.  Obviously we all come from various traditions, experiences and backgrounds. Works of various types as well as critiques should be welcomed to contribute to the debate on the interpretation of the Word of God.

Posts 2794
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 6:49 AM

Keith Larson:
I didn’t have the heart to post this in reply to Who is the Pre-eminent authority on dispensational pre-millenialism

Same boat. I was gonna ask, "Fer it, or again' it?" But I decided to be nice. (Because really, there is probably a pre-eminent authority in each side of the argument, no?)

I was a pre-mil dispy for the first 40 years of my life.  Now, I'm pretty sure I was wrong. The Mathison book is on my shelf, and I would recommend it as well. I haven't learned to take Poythress yet (I have a couple of his other books); Gerstner is usually very good as well, but I don't have this particular book.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 8 2014 7:13 AM

An I-70 series would be pretty cool! I lived in Columbia, MO for 10 years. Exactly half way between KC and St. Louis.

Posts 3165
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 4:38 PM

YesSurprise

Posts 50
Eric Woernle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 9:57 AM

Yes

Posts 151
Dave L | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 3:56 AM

The Gospel Millennium And Obediance To Scripture - by Robert L. Whitelaw is probably the best and most easily understood criticism of Dispensationalism/Premillennailism VS Amillennialism I've found. It also provides ample support showing Christ's present reign from Heaven on David's Throne, in what Whitelaw calls the "Gospel Millennium".

This booklet is very hard to find but I found a link for it at Hess Publications; http://www.hesspublications.com/prothumian-books.html#

Posts 2375
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 5:15 AM

Re: Wrongly Dividing the Word of Truth: A Critique of Dispensationalism

On the same page in the ‘Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought’ section they have listed a book with the title: Dispensationalism: Rightly Dividing the People of God?

I know nothing about either book but reading books from both sides of a subject can help to teach us to become as the Bereans. It can be very enlightening to see how the different sides use the same scripture to “prove” their point of view. [[Warning: if you have any doubts about your stand on a subject you might not want to try that as you may need to change your stand]]

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS