Logos 5.3 Beta 3 (5.3.0.1161) now available

Page 2 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 88 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 4162
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:30 AM

Jonathan:

abondservant:

many books it seems cant yet be sent to kindle. of the first 10 I checked, only one could be sent.

You might want to wait about 3-5 seconds for the "Send to Kindle" option to populate to the information panel. I am noticing that there is a delay for it displaying on several resources.

yeah I noticed that too, I just had a run of non-mobile titles. After that nearly every title I clicked was able to be transfered to my kindle.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 3318
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 1:59 PM

Are there more screenshots of this feature from within Logos and Kindles?

Posts 410
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 4:54 PM

Here's one

Posts 445
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 5:49 PM

Mark Barnes:

abondservant:

many books it seems cant yet be sent to kindle. of the first 10 I checked, only one could be sent.

I have about 80-90% of my library available as "Send to Kindle". Pretty much everything apart from books with lots of images, brand new resources, books not available on mobile devices and PBs.

It really is a wonderful feature, far better than I expected. That's because I get the full text of the Bible references in my Kindle book. I never thought that was going to be possible.

Indeed, this feature has been executed very well so far! It seems a bit odd, however, that several of James R. White's books—all of which are available on mobile devices and most of which share the same author, publisher, and copyright info—are available as "Send to Kindle" and several others are not. For example, The Forgotten Trinity; The God Who Justifies; Grieving: Your Path Back to Peace; The King James Only Controversy; Letter's to a Mormon Elder; and Mary—Another Redeemer? are all available as "Send to Kindle"—but The Roman Catholic Controversy; The Same Sex Controversy; Scripture AloneWhat Every Christian Needs to Know about the Qur'an; What's with the Dudes at the Door?; and What's with the Mutant in the Microscope? are not available as "Send to Kindle." I would typically assume that it must involve licensing issues, but since the feature is new, perhaps it has a few kinks left in it.

Posts 3318
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 6:57 PM

Ok I updated to the beta and nowhere is the Kindle Option available.  What am I missing?

Posts 466
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 7:23 PM

I also just upgraded the Logos setup on my Windows tablet to the beta. No Kindle option. Trying out the send to Kindle feature was the whole point of this.  Any suggestions?

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 9:17 PM

Has anyone noticed (or would a Logos rep reveal) why certain books are available to send to Kindle and others are not? I assume it has something to do with publisher agreements, but I can't find a consistent pattern.

For example, the Logos edition of the King James Version is unavailable for use with this feature, yet The Message is. That strikes me as odd.

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 10:02 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Ok I updated to the beta and nowhere is the Kindle Option available.  What am I missing?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A kindle.com email address must be assigned to the account by entering “set kindle to #####@kindle.com” into the command box.

• Note: Users cannot unlink their Kindle account once it has been linked. Please be sure to check your kindle.com address carefully before submitting.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Do not forget to restart Logos after doing the above.

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 2:19 AM

There are three reasons why resources can't be sent to Kindle. (1) It's not licences for mobile use and can't be used on phones. (2) The resource is too big for Amazon to accept. (3) Logos haven't done the conversion - complex files like interlinears wouldn't be suitable for conversion, and some newer files simply haven't been done yet.

Posts 466
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 3:01 AM

Alain Maashe:

David Taylor Jr:

A kindle.com email address must be assigned to the account by entering “set kindle to #####@kindle.com” into the command box.

• Note: Users cannot unlink their Kindle account once it has been linked. Please be sure to check your kindle.com address carefully before submitting.

Ah, that was what I missed. That did it! Thanks!

Posts 3318
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 4:35 AM

Alain Maashe:

David Taylor Jr:

Wow I feel dumb!  I even read that and apparently did not process in this feeble head of mine lol!

Posts 79
Jamie Page | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 9:05 AM

How does this feature work with notes? I'm excited about the send to Kindle feature because sometimes - as others have mentioned too - I just want to read and an e-ink screen is great for that, especially outside. But, it's pretty rare that I won't make at least a few highlights.

Are annotations stored in the Amazon database? Does the Paperwhite (or Voyage) support copy/paste or kind of sharing. I find this great for sermon prep, etc.

Posts 3318
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 9:08 AM

Jamie Page:

How does this feature work with notes? I'm excited about the send to Kindle feature because sometimes - as others have mentioned too - I just want to read and an e-ink screen is great for that, especially outside. But, it's pretty rare that I won't make at least a few highlights.

Are annotations stored in the Amazon database? Does the Paperwhite (or Voyage) support copy/paste or kind of sharing. I find this great for sermon prep, etc.

It will not work with Logos Notes if I am understanding your question correctly.  All of your notes can be found on your account at kindle.amazon.com and you can copy and paste those to the program of your choice.

Posts 79
Jamie Page | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 9:10 AM

Right, it won't place them back into Logos notes... of course.

But I do want to confirm that they are stored in our Kindle.Amazon account.

Posts 3318
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 9:15 AM

Jamie Page:

Actually I am sorry.  I may have fibbed, I'm not sure that personal documents would have their highlights and notes there.  HOWEVER, it SHOULD be in your clippings document on your device.  That is a simple txt file that you can open on your computer and copy and paste.  Sorry for the confusion.

Posts 445
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 9:37 AM

Mark Barnes:

There are three reasons why resources can't be sent to Kindle. (1) It's not licences for mobile use and can't be used on phones. (2) The resource is too big for Amazon to accept. (3) Logos haven't done the conversion - complex files like interlinears wouldn't be suitable for conversion, and some newer files simply haven't been done yet.

Thanks, Mark. That makes sense. Also, I just noticed that a few more of James R. White's books are available as "Send to Kindle" just one day later, so I am sure many other books will be on there way soon enough.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 10:45 AM

Jamie Page:

I cannot confirm that Amazon syncs highlights and notes that we make on a Kindle device in our "sent books" (how should we call Logos books sent to Kindle?) with our www.kindle.amazon.com account - maybe it takes a while to process our highlights there. However, in my post 3 years ago I discussed accessing "My Clippings.txt" file on a Kindle device and using a service Clipper to format the output.

Posts 3318
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 10:49 AM

toughski:

Jamie Page:

I cannot confirm that Amazon syncs highlights and notes that we make on a Kindle device in our "sent books" (how should we call Logos books sent to Kindle?) with our www.kindle.amazon.com account - maybe it takes a while to process our highlights there. However, in my post 3 years ago I discussed accessing "My Clippings.txt" file on a Kindle device and using a service Clipper to format the output.

Thanks for the Clipper link, what a tool!!

Posts 3318
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 10:57 AM

toughski:

Jamie Page:

I found a clippings service https://www.clippings.io/ it says it integrates with third party apps.  I wonder if Logos could find a way to integrate......  Probably more work than what it is worth but a thought.  Anyways kindle users should check it out anyway, pretty powerful!

Posts 466
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 10 2014 12:03 PM

toughski:

alabama24:
Why in the world would anyone want to send a resource to the kindle APP? Using the Logos apps would be much more advantageous and you wouldn't have to go through all this hassle. The point is to send the resource to a kindle eInk device! 

Yes exactly what I was thinking! Yes

Actually, I can think of one good reason to send a resource to the Kindle app - especially the one for PC or Mac. Suppose you don't have an eInk Kindle, but you have a Nook Glowlight or Kobo Aura. Well, you send the Logos resource to the Kindle for PC (or Mac) app. Then, you bring your new resource into Calibre. Then, you make it ePub or whatever you need to read on your own eInk device. 

Page 2 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS