Logos 6

Page 4 of 6 (111 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 110 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 403
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 1:57 PM

Yes I know. It was a joke. The only video I could find that mentioned logos 6. 

Posts 19037
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 5:05 PM

James C.:

Here's a video that talks about Logos Bible Software 6?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzFsPkm2qeI

Category: Comedy

Love the name of the "Directeur" -- Steeve Numbstack. Smile

Posts 78
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 5:19 PM

James C.:

Here's a video that talks about Logos Bible Software 6?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzFsPkm2qeI

their ground breaking concept - studying the Bible with a real Bible!

Posts 40
Everett Doonand | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 3:33 PM
Closer, closer! Maybe the last weekend? Stay tuned...
Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 3:51 PM

Friday night in the big town!   ~When all the forum crackpots come out.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 4:06 PM

If / When there is a Logos 6, I hope it resolves the problem with large collections and massive numbers of notes/highlights...while also better economizing on how much local storage is consumed...at least until SSDs above 128GB get more common.  I can't even index on my laptop anymore...can't free up enough space to accomplish that.  It says it needs 1GB, but it actually needs something more than 1.5GB...I may never know unless I take Logos off the machine, at which point indexing is moot.

Posts 30120
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 5:26 PM

Everett Doonand:
Closer, closer! Maybe the last weekend? Stay tuned...

Everett, the least you could have an amusing avatar so that I'd get some joy out of your posts instead of being puzzled over your motives.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 7618
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 6:46 PM

Super.Tramp:

Friday night in the big town!   ~When all the forum crackpots come out.

You mean this...

Posts 2593
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 6:50 PM

Maybe we'll get a repeat of what happened recently and Logos goes directly to 7.If for no other reason than the silliness of certain people who seem to have too much time on their hands.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 19037
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 6:57 PM

I predict that Logos will release version 6 whenever it wants to, and Everett Doonand will be blocked and won't be allowed to upgrade to it.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 9:52 PM

Yes, they could actually do that, I agree: by downsizing the base-packages and offering smaller collections. Look at for example: Bloomsbury Studies on Thomas Aquinas (13 vols.) ... 13 volumes on one medieval author is a little too much. Likewise they should discontinue some of the topical bundles and introduce XS -size:

Ward Walker:
If / When there is a Logos 6, I hope it [...] while also better economizing on how much local storage is consumed...at least until SSDs above 128GB get more common.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 30120
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 10:04 PM

Unix:

13 volumes on one medieval author is a little too much.

Am I supposed to laugh or cry? I suppose you'd consider 100+ volumes of the Puranas (250 A.D. - 1000 A.D.) in Sanskrit excessive? My dear chap, it all depends on your interests ... methinks ye need a wee bit more uni time.

Yes I'm exaggerating they're > 100 volumes only in English and I've never managed to get them all.Crying

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 24 2014 10:14 PM

I hope You are right as I've already placed the pre-pub order this Friday evening. What I don't like is the one-size-fits-all! Logos really should introduce: "drop any one item from a collection" and "drop any four items from a base-package" - customization options. I would be much more willing to broaden my interests that way:

MJ. Smith:
Am I supposed to laugh or cry? [...] My dear chap, it all depends on your interests ... methinks ye need a wee bit more uni time:
Unix:
13 volumes on one medieval author is a little too much.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 40
Everett Doonand | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:23 AM
"OK guys! Time to prepare your wallets. Something new and big it's approaching. It has something to do with the Journal updates and Massive update (26 October)." Were are the false prophets!? Little children go home... The Secret Hebron is finally out. Me too...
Posts 8652
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:32 AM

Everett Doonand:
Little children go home...
Oh good you're leaving. 

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 4111
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 8:45 AM

Everett Doonand:
"OK guys! Time to prepare your wallets. Something new and big it's approaching. It has something to do with the Journal updates and Massive update (26 October)." Were are the false prophets!? Little children go home... The Secret Hebron is finally out. Me too...

I guess even an acerbic & blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. ;)

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 408
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 8:47 AM

Looks like the skeptics owe the "crackpots" an apology.  Wow!

Posts 3270
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:12 AM

Erik:

Looks like the skeptics owe the "crackpots" an apology.  Wow!

So true, so funny, but really, who actually saw this coming?

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 40
Everett Doonand | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:16 AM
abondservant:
I guess even an acerbic & blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. ;)
Quod erat demonstrandum
Posts 19037
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:25 AM

Everett Doonand:
The Secret Hebron is finally out. Me too...

Oh, you're "out" are you? We still don't know who you are, so I doubt it.

And you are a complete rat fink to have been posting all these leaks. Either you betrayed a confidence Logos placed in you (if you are an employee or an alpha tester) or you stole something that wasn't yours from someone else who was a trusted insider. In either case, you're a scoundrel. Unless you are really a Logos employee in disguise who was supposed to be doing this to raise anticipation, but the Logos employees I know have all been denying that about you and have wanted to find out who you are too, so they could stop you.

Page 4 of 6 (111 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS