Bible text is automatically highlighted when a note is made from that text - How do I turn this off?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 106
Bruce Fraser | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 15 2014 7:16 AM

For a few years now, my daily devotional as I read through the Bible has been to take a few verses, and make a note based on that text.

A few weeks ago, something odd began happening: the Bible text is highlighted yellow automatically. This never happened before.

I know how to remove the highlight: Tools - Highlighting - Erase. But it would be better to turn this off so it doesn't happen in the first place. I don't see a hint of how to do this anywhere in the menus. Any ideas?

Posts 24527
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 15 2014 7:19 AM

Bruce Fraser:
A few weeks ago, something odd began happening: the Bible text is highlighted yellow automatically. This never happened before.

Hi Bruce

It sounds as though you are starting to make a note based on "selection" (i.e. selecting a portion of text and creating a note) as opposed to "by reference". You will see these as options at the top-right of the right-click menu.

Does this explain what you are seeing?

Graham 

Posts 106
Bruce Fraser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 18 2014 5:48 AM

Graham,

I think you got it.

"Selection" or "reference" are automatically selected, based on one's last use; I hadn't noticed I had changed.

Thanks!

Posts 108
William M. Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 18 2014 1:33 PM

Thanks for answering that, Graham. I was having the same problem this morning except in reverse. I must have changed it by accident.

Posts 24527
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 18 2014 2:12 PM

Glad to help, gents

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS