Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Matthias Chiang | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:58 PM

Hi, I am really at a loss. Since the recent update in iOS for the iPad, my Logos app keeps crashing out and I have not been able to use the Logos app in my iPad. is there a way I can resolve this issue so I can use the app again?

Thank you in advance for the help.

matthias

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 15 2014 7:12 PM

Some things that might help others with ideas:

How much free space is left on your iPad?

Have you quit all applications in background?

Have you attempted to delete the APP and download a fresh copy?

-Dan

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 15 2014 7:17 PM

PPS: Just thinking about it... my iPhone 5 was super unstable after upgrading 8.0.2.. I was forced to reinstall via iTunes to get it working properly... So things CAN go wrong with updates.

-Dan

Posts 1
Eric Rahn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 21 2014 6:38 PM

I am having the same issue as Matthias. I have plenty of space left but it crashes every time I try to sign in. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few timen's and still does it. How do you install through itunes?

eric

Posts 27428
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 21 2014 6:57 PM

Welcome! Sorry you are having troubles Tongue Tied

Eric Rahn:
I am having the same issue as Matthias.

How do you know? Just because you have similar symptoms, doesn't mean you have "the same problem"

Eric Rahn:
I have plenty of space left but it crashes every time I try to sign in. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few timen's and still does it. How do you install through itunes?

Sometimes the issue is related to the downloading of notes and resources during the install process. If that is the case here, deleting the app wouldn't help... just delay the problem from being fixed. 

Please create a new thread and explain your issue clearly. Let us know important info such as device, OS, etc. 

Also, can you tell us how large your note files are? Have you installed the mobile app before on any device? This device? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 650
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 5:50 AM

Check out ios 8 0 2 on the internet and you'll see you're not alone.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 27428
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 6:43 AM

Alex Scott:

Check out ios 8 0 2 on the internet and you'll see you're not alone.

Not alone about what?

Posts 251
Rod | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 9:00 PM

I am crashing as well.  Just upgraded to ios 8.1 and I can't even sign in. The Logos app crashes before I can sign in.

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 9:46 PM

Taxee:

I am crashing as well.  Just upgraded to ios 8.1 and I can't even sign in. The Logos app crashes before I can sign in.

I apologize for the trouble and hope you can answer a few questions.  We're really frustrated about this issue but don't yet know exactly what's going on.

1) Before you upgraded your device, what version of iOS was it running?
2) Before the iOS upgrade what version of Logos were you running?
3) How did you go about the iOS upgrade; did you perform a full backup of your device using iTunes, install the iOS update, and then restore the apps to your device?
4) Have you completely deleted the Logos app and tried a fresh install?

Please keep us informed.

Posts 27428
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 5:07 AM

Taxee:
Just upgraded to ios 8.1 and I can't even sign in.

Are you trying to install a fresh copy? The app is a "sign in once" thing, so if the app is an old installation, there would never be a "sign in" screen after you had already done so. (The only way to "sign in" again is to delete the app). 

Have you tried restarting the device (full shut down)?

Posts 27428
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 5:09 AM

Kevin Byford:
We're really frustrated about this issue but don't yet know exactly what's going on.

I am remembering something which I <think> I posted about in the beta forum:

I had to do a complete wipe of my iPad when updating to iOS 8. The iPad would not release the "memory" of some apps, especially Logos. 

Posts 114
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 7:42 AM

I have the same problem. I have plenty of space, have deleted the app, shut down, restarted, reinstalled. Still shuts down as soon as it opens.

Mac Pro 13 Retina 8GB, 256 flash 

Posts 114
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 8:53 AM

Deleted again, did a reset, Still crashes as soon as the splash screen dissappears and the home screen comes up. No time to hit the sign in button.

Posts 251
Rod | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 10:17 AM

alabama24:
Are you trying to install a fresh copy? The app is a "sign in once" thing, so if the app is an old installation, there would never be a "sign in" screen after you had already done so. (The only way to "sign in" again is to delete the app). 

Sorry, I reinstalled but there is no "sign in" screen.  The app looks like it is trying to sign in when it crashes.

I have done a full shut down and restart.

My problem actually relates to the upgrade to iOS 8.1.  But it is very frustrating not being able to even start the Logos app.

Posts 27428
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 10:43 AM

Taxee:
My problem actually relates to the upgrade to iOS 8.1.

What version of iOS did you upgrade to 8.1 from? 

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 10:49 AM

Taxee:

alabama24:

Sorry, I reinstalled but there is no "sign in" screen.  The app looks like it is trying to sign in when it crashes.

I have done a full shut down and restart.

My problem actually relates to the upgrade to iOS 8.1.  But it is very frustrating not being able to even start the Logos app.

Taxee,

A shutdown and reinstall will not fix the issue.  Please answer my questions (shown above) to help us determine what the cause is.

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 10:57 AM

Kenneth Morris:

I have the same problem. I have plenty of space, have deleted the app, shut down, restarted, reinstalled. Still shuts down as soon as it opens.

How did you upgrade iOS on your device?  Did you do an iTunes backup/restore?

Posts 114
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 11:14 AM

Kevin Byford:

Kenneth Morris:

How did you upgrade iOS on your device?  Did you do an iTunes backup/restore?

I did it from the device itself.

Posts 251
Rod | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 11:23 AM

Kevin Byford:

I apologize for the trouble and hope you can answer a few questions.  We're really frustrated about this issue but don't yet know exactly what's going on.

3) How did you go about the iOS upgrade; did you perform a full backup of your device using iTunes, install the iOS update, and then restore the apps to your device?

Please keep us informed.

1) Before you upgraded your device, what version of iOS was it running? Unsure but I assume it was 8.0x since I normally update whenever an update is available.  Logos is not working on iOS 8.1 which is what I am currently running on my iPad 2
2) Before the iOS upgrade what version of Logos were you running? Most recent version (again I regularly update all apps)
3) How did you go about the iOS upgrade; did you perform a full backup of your device using iTunes, install the iOS update, and then restore the apps to your device? Updated via wireless and did not perform a backup prior to the install.
4) Have you completely deleted the Logos app and tried a fresh install?  Yes (several times)

Posts 114
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 11:25 AM

Kevin Byford:

Taxee:

Please keep us informed.

1) I believe it was iOS 8. I simply did the upgrade when my iPad notified me one was available.

2) I upgraded the iOS then LOGOS was not operating smoothly. It froze up several times. Then I upgraded the LOGOS APP.

3) I did the iOS upgrade from my device. Then I synced with iTunes on my computer.

4) I did a delete, restart, reinstall.

When I try to run the app the splash screen comes up and as soon as the home page and log-in option appears it crashes.

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS