Help - unwanted emails!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 22 2014 7:22 AM

The last few days I have started getting several dozen emails a day from the Logos forums. I didn't make any conscious changes to my system. I use Gmail.

I don't want them, but can't for the life of me work out how to 'switch them off'. For now, I'm clicking about 15 at a time and deleting them, but would be grateful to anyone who can help me prove that 'prevention is better than cure'. Thanks!

Posts 28595
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 7:35 AM

Did you ever subscribe to any threads?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 7:47 AM

Forum Subscriptions

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 28595
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 7:52 AM

I never knew about that fgh, thanks. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 8:18 AM

Surprise

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 23
Ellie Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 2:35 PM

I also cannot figure out why I am getting a ton of emails all of a suddent. I looked at the Forum Subscriptions and selected No next to all of them...even though I want to stay involved and just don't want emails every 5 minutes! That did not stop the emails from coming. The part I find baffeling is the email says: You were sent this email because you opted to receive email notifications when someone responded to this thread. To unsubscribe, follow the link and click Stop emailing replies to me

I cannot find the phrase above that you can click on; Stop emailing...to me.

Where is that located?

Posts 1788
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 2:42 PM

Ellie:
I cannot find the phrase above that you can click on; Stop emailing...to me.

It is on the right hand corner of the very first post of a thread. Find the offending thread and it should look like the picture below.

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Joel Garboden (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 22 2014 2:55 PM

You may turn off all emails by going to https://community.logos.com/user/EditProfile.aspx

Clicking Site Options

Then selecting No, followed by save

Improvements were done to the emailing system so it doesn't crash all the time, and uses your Faithlife.com email address. Which means you may have subscribed years ago, but it's been broken for you since then.

Posts 23
Ellie Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 7:29 AM

Thanks Rick and Joel.   Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS