New Feature: Visual Copy

Page 2 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 54 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 8
Jim Manner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 6:40 PM

I don't understand why Keynote isn't an option. In Logos 5, you could export pictures and media to Keynote. Now, with Logos 6, the only options are PowerPoint and Proclaim. Is Keynote going to be restored as an option?

Posts 31
Aaron Brockmeier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 8:28 AM

This is wonderful! Anyway or suggestion as to how to save directly in Logos or do they all need to be exported out?

Posts 1843
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 8:32 AM

Thanks for this great feature.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:40 AM

Aaron Brockmeier:

This is wonderful! Anyway or suggestion as to how to save directly in Logos or do they all need to be exported out?

There is no way to save the image directly to Logos. You can save it to your hard drive and move it to wherever you want after that. If I may ask, what were you wanting to do with the images? Were you wanting to curate a collection of slides for future use?

Posts 31
Aaron Brockmeier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:55 AM

I run across and store many good quotes. Only a few are "slide-worthy" for a Sunday morning. I was just curious if there was a good way to store these for future reference through this feature. I guess I was expecting "Save to Notes" option, but  I can do this manually through Notes.  Again - great feature! Thank you!

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 10:02 AM

Aaron,

This is not part of the visual copy tool.

What I have done is to create a highlighter pallet that saves to a specific note file. The only  highlight method in there is tied to the quick key "Q".

Now when I'm reading and find a quote, I can highlight, tap Q and i'm done.  

An alternative would be to create a "clippings" file named quotations and use that.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 303
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 10:11 AM

Jim Manner:

I don't understand why Keynote isn't an option. In Logos 5, you could export pictures and media to Keynote. Now, with Logos 6, the only options are PowerPoint and Proclaim. Is Keynote going to be restored as an option?

As Todd mentioned earlier sending to Keynote is not currently supported from Visual Copy, but we do plan on adding this support in the future. Are you not seeing the ability to send to Keynote media resources other than Visual Copy?

—Martin

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 10:28 AM

I tried this for the first time this morning. When I tried to share to Facebook and Faithlife, the wrong image was displayed. However, when I saved it to a folder, it was the correct one.

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Dustin Masters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 11:35 AM

I tried to reproduce this problem and didn't see any issues. Can you post the link that is generated when you click the Email share icon?

Software Dev at Logos.  How to post your logs: (Windows) (Mac)

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 11:41 AM

Jonathan Sine

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 11:54 AM

I just tried this myself and it worked correctly for me. A few questions:

• When you say it was the wrong image, what is meant by this? The wrong background, the wrong text, the wrong aspect ratio?
  • What platform is this on when this happens? Does it only happen on a specific platform?
  • Does this happen with all images sent from visual copy, or only certain backgrounds?
Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 12:12 PM

Headed out the door, but does not the screenshot show that the image I chose is not the one being shared?

Jonathan Sine

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 12:29 PM

Jonathan Sine:

Headed out the door, but does not the screenshot show that the image I chose is not the one being shared?

I just tried this and got exactly the same results - there seems to be a bug here.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 12:53 PM

Mike Binks:
I just tried this and got exactly the same results - there seems to be a bug here.

I was able to reproduce the issue when using the same bible passage in visual copy. I will create a bug report and send it to the correct people.

Posts 688
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 8:34 AM

I have been playing with this a bit and have a question:

If I select some Bible text and hit visual copy, it does a great job of putting it on whatever background I choose. But it does not bring over the verse reference. 

Is there a way to do that?

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 21974
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 8:38 AM

Jerry Bush:
But it does not bring over the verse reference. 

It seems to when I try it.

Can you provide screenshots showing exactly what you are doing?

Posts 688
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 8:59 AM

I would if I could. Smile

Now I have a worse problem since I wrote my last post. When I try, it opens the Visual Copy window, but I just get the spinning pizza on the right side. 

I have restarted my computer and Logos a couple of times.

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:29 AM

Jerry Bush:

I would if I could. Smile

Now I have a worse problem since I wrote my last post. When I try, it opens the Visual Copy window, but I just get the spinning pizza on the right side. 

I have restarted my computer and Logos a couple of times.

Jerry

There aren't any server issues I'm aware of and I just tested Visual Copy and it worked for me. If you could post your log file that will help me diagnose further. For information on retrieving you log see this https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

As Graham mentioned Visual Copy should create a Bible service item in Proclaim when sending a Bible reference so I'm very interested to see the details of the reference you were trying to send.

Posts 688
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 10:30 AM

It is working again, but still with no reference.

I am not exporting it to Proclaim; I will use it either in PowerPoint, or as a standalone picture.

Jerry

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 21974
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 11:39 AM

Jerry Bush:
It is working again, but still with no reference.

Can you post a screenshot showing the right-click menu options you are using?

Page 2 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS