New Feature: Send to Kindle

Page 6 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
This post has 269 Replies | 17 Followers

Posts 19
Joop Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:18 AM

I used the command once and after that the command disappeared. It is indeed a one time command.

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 3:53 PM

I can confirm the first time you do it on PC it shows properly in the dropdown under Tools. After that it gets converted to search as shown by Dan above.

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 6:06 PM

Joshua Coady:

I can confirm the first time you do it on PC it shows properly in the dropdown under Tools. After that it gets converted to search as shown by Dan above.

I am seeing this too on Mac.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 98
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 6:31 PM

Joop Feenstra:

I used the command once and after that the command disappeared. It is indeed a one time command.

In my case, I never ran the command and it was not available on PC. I had to run the command for the first time on Mac. However, even now, I can rerun the command on Mac, but it says it failed (because I already ran it once).

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 6:33 PM

I timed a 160 page book. It was about 2 min from the time I clicked the send to kindle link until it was on my device. Also, at that point it was available for download on other devices in the cloud tab (I have personal docs archiving turned on). I also get the book's real cover image, not a generic one.

There is a hyperlinked table of contents within the document, immediately after the cover page.

About the last half of the document is the full text of the scripture references that are linked to from within the book.

In case it matters, this was on kindle for iphone and ipad. I got rid of my original kindle because I didnt use it enough -- I dont buy books from amazon. Now that Logos has this feature, I need to save up for a new one--I spend enough time staring at light radiating screens and am always looking for ways to reduce that.

Posts 23
Robin Porter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 6 2014 4:00 PM

Thank you!!! I love this new feature in Logos 6. Once I read through the instructions carefully and followed them thoroughly everything seems to be working beautifully. :-)

Posts 40
Stéphane Kapitaniuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 8:07 AM

Mark,

Does the "Send to Kindle" feature work for you? I still can't get it to work. The files are in "eternal upload status".

Posts 40
Stéphane Kapitaniuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 8:10 AM

Alabama24,

I would appreciate help debugging my setup. I'm using Logos 6 Gold and I cannot manage to send to Kindle. I already posted a message last week on this forum, but no one commented.

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 9:35 AM

Stéphane Kapitaniuk:
but no one commented.

Yes they did! You didnt respond. Here is the link: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/94570.aspx 

EDIT: I see your post now. FYI - If you want help, you should always create a new thread, and not jump in on other ones. 

Posts 623
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 2:43 AM

Should the Table of Contents automatically work with all books sent to kindle? (If there is a working TOC in Logos?).

It doesn't in:
Short, David, and David Searle. Pastoral Visitation: A Pocket Manual. Fearn, UK: Christian Focus Publications, 2004.
(but Bible references are hyperlinked ok)

Is this a bug that needs to be flagged somewhere?

Posts 781
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 2:47 AM

The TOC didn't work in any of the books I sent to Kindle, making them impossible to navigate. 

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 3:02 AM

Josh Hunt:

The TOC didn't work in any of the books I sent to Kindle, making them impossible to navigate. 

That's strange. All my Logos-to-Kindle books so far have had working TOCs.  The working TOC is at the very beginning of the book (before after the cover image), on the same page where they add that anti-piracy bit ("For the person use of [Your Name] ([your email address) only. Not for redistribution.")

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 3:06 AM

Try going to location 1. I think what is happening is Kindle skips you ahead automatically to the first page of text, which is a TOC from the book, but the linked TOC is placed before the cover page at the very beginning.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 3:24 AM

Yes This is exactly what is happening.

Joshua Coady:

Try going to location 1. I think what is happening is Kindle skips you ahead automatically to the first page of text, which is a TOC from the book, but the linked TOC is placed before the cover page at the very beginning.

Posts 623
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 5:08 AM

Joshua Coady:

Yes That works - thanks!

Posts 5
PMHorne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 3:53 PM

I have set up my acct and tried to send several books to kindle and they do not show up do you guys have any reasons why this may not be working?

Paul

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 3:57 PM

Preach:

I have set up my acct and tried to send several books to kindle and they do not show up do you guys have any reasons why this may not be working?

Can you confirm that you've done both steps 1 and 2?

1. The Send to Kindle email address must end in kindle.com. You can check the address at Amazon.com > Manage Your Content and Devices > Your Devices.
  2. Also, you must add “noreply@logos.com” to your Approved Personal Document Email List at Amazon.com > Manage Your Content and Devices > Settings.
Posts 1413
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 4:17 PM

Preach:

Paul

Just in case you're not aware of this, Amazon categorizes some books from Logos as documents rather than books.  None of the books I've sent have been seen as "books" by Amazon so they don't show up in my list of books.  Instead, Amazon has seen them all as documents and I can only see them when selecting "Docs" as the type of media to be displayed.  I don't know if that's the situation in your case, but if you weren't aware of that possibility and assuming the sends you've done have completed successfully (no error messages from Logos) you might want to check the "Docs" media type in your Kindle content area on Amazon and/or on your mobile device.

Posts 5
Brian McGinty | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 3:16 PM

I have an old Kindle DX.  I have Whispernet Delivery disabled so that I don't have to pay any fees.  When I use Logos send to Kindle, the resources show up in my Amazon Cloud Drive.  I downloaded the file from Amazon Cloud Drive to my PC then copied it to my Kindle DX via USB.  It appears on my Kindle but I get a pop-up that says I can't open the file. 

Is this because I didn't use Whispernet delivery?  Is there a way to copy the file to Kindle using a USB?

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 4:03 PM

Brian McGinty:
Is this because I didn't use Whispernet delivery?

No, but you don't need to use whispernet. Have you set up an email address for your device? When you do "send to kindle," it is supposed to send it there automatically. If you don't want to use whispernet, then you use wifi for the resource to be automatically delivered... The only thing I don't know: you said you have an "old" device. Perhaps old kindles can't do this? Does the device have an email associated with it?

Page 6 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS