New Feature: Send to Kindle

Page 8 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 269 Replies | 17 Followers

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:41 AM

Can you send Kindle books to Logos or just Logos to Kindle?

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:47 AM

James Hiddle:

Can you send Kindle books to Logos or just Logos to Kindle?

Officially, only Logos to Kindle.  There are ways to send your Kindle books to Logos but that would involve breaking the DRM, which may not be legal in some jurisdictions.

Posts 20
Patrick J. Melancon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 4:47 PM

How do you send a book from Logos to Kindle?

Posts 27813
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 4:51 PM

Patrick J. Melancon:

How do you send a book from Logos to Kindle?

The first post in this thread gives the explanation. You should be aware, however, that this feature is currently down due to server issues at Logos.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 100
Richard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:23 PM

When I try to link my account, I get the message "failed to link account". The logs show a problem POSTing to https://sendtokindleapi.logos.com/... When I try to do a post manually with no body, I get a 503 back. I can post the logs if needed, but thought this would probably be enough.

$ curl -XPOST https://sendtokindleapi.logos.com/v1/account
<html><body><h1>503 Service Unavailable</h1>
No server is available to handle this request.
</body></html>

-- Richard

Logos 6 Mac (always the latest beta)

MacBook Air Mid 2011 (Lion)  |  1.8GHz Core i7  |  4GB RAM  |  256GB SSD
Samsung Galaxy S5

Posts 8084
LogosEmployee

Send to Kindle is currently offline; please see here for status updates: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/96696.aspx 

Posts 1413
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 9:09 AM

Is anyone able to send a resource to Kindle and have it show up in Amazon as a book rather than a document?  I've tried a few resources but they all show up in Amazon as documents, they all have a generic icon vs. their book-cover icons, and non can be delivered to my phone to be read using the Kindle app as can be done with my regular Kindle books.

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 11:04 AM

They all show up as documents for me, but on my phone, they do show up and with their cover image and not a generic icon.

Maybe try hitting the menu button in the upper right. There are options there to filter your library by Books, Docs, or to view All Items.

From what I understand, the only way Amazon allows 3rd parties to add books to your Kindle collection is as personal documents. I also have some programming books that are delivered this way, so I just leave my filter on All Items and otherwise forget they are personal docs.

Posts 623
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 2:30 AM

Has anyone tried this out with a Kindle Voyage? Looks like there are some compatibility issues with books that work on other kindle devices.

Posts 9
John Petras | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 5:01 AM

This thread,  (instruction for sending books to Kindle)…please amplify some on the points I raise under heading “HOW IT WORKS”…(my comments in bold), 

After linking your Kindle account information with your Logos account, you can send individual books to your Kindle device from the resource panel menu (within the software).  (This was possibly done, I don’t see how but, I was able to send docs to my kindle…perhaps linkage is not complete?) All bible references should open in the Lexham English Bible. (This, correct me if I’m wrong. means to have LEB as primary bible while sending books to Kindle)

A kindle.com email address must be assigned to the account (where?, in what account?) by entering “set kindle to #####@kindle.com” into the command box. (where is it?) Note: You cannot unlink your Kindle account once it has been linked. (Perhaps I haven’t done this step in linkage, I do not see the “Send to Kindle” option in his screenshot next to downloads) Please be sure to check your kindle.com address carefully before submitting. (I don’t see how this is done. Would you send short explanation or screen shot?)

Thanking you with

Blessings,

John

Posts 623
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 4:04 AM

Should send to kindle work automatically with new products? Eg it doesn't seem to be enabled for Luther's works upgrade 2 which was released in the last week or two.

Posts 87
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 3:53 PM

For those that are interested. I just posted a brief review of the Onyx Boox Afterglow 2.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/97340.aspx

In my opinion this is a much better solution and I'm finding it to be very functional.

Posts 86
Chris Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 9:06 AM

Is this feature only for Logos 6 or for all Logos users? I am running L5 (really, L4 with a L5 crossgrade) and have not seen the "send to kindle" link in the 5 or 6 resource panel menus that I just pulled up. The only link I am seeing is the "manage mobile devices." Secondly, if this is a L6 only feature, will one (or any) of the L6 crossgrades unlock it for me? Thanks in advance. 

Posts 27813
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 11:10 AM

Chris Lane:

Is this feature only for Logos 6 or for all Logos users? I am running L5 (really, L4 with a L5 crossgrade) and have not seen the "send to kindle" link in the 5 or 6 resource panel menus that I just pulled up. The only link I am seeing is the "manage mobile devices." Secondly, if this is a L6 only feature, will one (or any) of the L6 crossgrades unlock it for me? Thanks in advance. 

for clarification: there is a difference between base packages / cross grades and the software engine. The "send to kindle" is a feature of the L6 engine, not of a base package. If you want the feature NOW, you will need to make a purchase. Otherwise you can wait until February when the L6 engine will be free for all. 

Posts 86
Chris Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 11:11 AM

That is good to note. Thanks!

Posts 178
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 5:38 PM

This is definitely one of the coolest features of Logos 6.

I like reading my books on the Kindle app rather than the Faithlife app. Why? Because I like the ability to control how fast my pages flip. The Faithlife app has a kind of auto-flip when you want to turn a page. I am picky about that. If Faithlife improves that, I would rather read my books on the Faithlife app.

Posts 23
Robin Porter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 10:03 AM
Can I link a second kindle? I would like to add my wife's kindle as well. Thanks in advance.
Posts 27039
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 1:37 PM

I don't thin so. However, since one has to go through customer service to change your Kindle account, I'd suggest you contact customer service - they would know for certain and would be the ones to do it, if it can be done.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 1:52 PM

On the Amazon website, in your Kindle settings, make sure personal document archiving is enabled. That way when you send it to one device it will also be archived as part of your amazon account and then on the other device you can view all of your library in the cloud and download from there. (On the device, tap the Home icon in the upper left and then tap the text 'Cloud' or whatever the equiv is depending on which device you have.)

Posts 27813
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 4:41 PM

Robin Porter:
Can I link a second kindle? I would like to add my wife's kindle as well. Thanks in advance.

In order to prevent fraud, no. This is also why users can't manually change the associated email address within L6. As has been mentioned, if you are using the same account, you should be able to download the resource on another device tied to your Amazon account.

Page 8 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS