New Feature: Send to Kindle

Page 11 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last »
This post has 269 Replies | 17 Followers

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 31 2015 1:44 PM

Richard:
You could just change the email address on your kindle to the misspelled address you submitted to amazon.

Yes... but only if the typo address is actually available to be claimed. In some cases, that might be a really good solution.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7
Gerhard Venter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2015 7:33 AM

At the price we pay for a base package, we should be able to read it anywhere we like. I don't give away, lend out or share anything. But I'm not able to sit in a chair for extended periods and need to be able to read in bed.

If Faithlife set limits, I'll respect them, of course. But I don't get a sense that I should be tiptoeing around about putting logos resources on my Kindle.

Posts 21871
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2015 10:13 AM

Hi Gerhard

Are there any specific issues you are experiencing?

If so please provide some details

Graham

Posts 9
Taylor Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2015 6:44 PM

Has Logos put a cap on how many books can be sent to kindle? Or did they remove this feature in the latest update, Because I am unable to send books anymore. I thought perhaps it was just that particular resource, but then I surveyed a dozen others, all with no ability to send to kindle. I have used this feature quite a few times so I know how it works, unless they have changed the procedure for sending each book. Any help would be great, this has been such a wonderful feature that has greatly enhanced the usability of my Logos library (and I just bought several books for a class next semester with the express intention of reading them on my kindle, so I am hoping there is a fix for this.)

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2015 7:00 PM

Taylor Bradley:
Has Logos put a cap on how many books can be sent to kindle? Or did they remove this feature in the latest update

No and No.

Taylor Bradley:
I thought perhaps it was just that particular resource, but then I surveyed a dozen others, all with no ability to send to kindle.

Which resources? Have you tried restarting your computer?

Posts 9
Taylor Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2015 7:15 PM

Well I restarted the computer and that seems to have taken care of it. maybe I was clicking only on resources that weren't available to send to kindle. The particular one I wanted was

Hays, J. Daniel. Message of the Prophets: A Survey of the Prophetic and Apocalyptic Books of the Old Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2010.

But flipping through this it seems to have a lot of pictures so maybe it is too hard to format in kindle.

Whatever the case, thanks for the help, glad to see this feature is still working.

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2015 7:26 PM

Taylor Bradley:
But flipping through this it seems to have a lot of pictures so maybe it is too hard to format in kindle.

Two things:

• Amazon has a limit on the file size that can be sent. If the book would be larger than Kindle allows, the book isn't "kindle enabled."
  • Due to publisher restrictions, MOST books that are "mobile enabled" are "kindle enabled," but not all.
  • If a book isn't "mobile enabled," it isn't "kindle enabled."

Posts 17
Jac Colon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 5:43 PM

I have been searching  for instructions on how to export a book to kindle, but cannot find anything.  I have done it in the past but can't remember now how I did it :(

Can you point me to the instructions somewhere?  Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 6:19 PM

Jac Colon:
Can you point me to the instructions somewhere?

The first post in this thread! 

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92620.aspx?PageIndex=1 

Posts 17
Jac Colon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 3:25 PM

Thank you so much

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Posts 2
Samuel Joo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2015 2:01 PM

Will this work with an Amazon.ca account (i.e. Canadian Amazon account)? If so, can I link both my .com and .ca addresses with my Logos account?

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2015 2:25 PM

Samuel Joo:

Will this work with an Amazon.ca account (i.e. Canadian Amazon account)? If so, can I link both my .com and .ca addresses with my Logos account?

The answer to your first question is "yes". The answer to your second depends on whether you have the same email address registered at both stores. If so, Amazon treats the two accounts as if they were one account, and you'll have no problems. If not, you'll have to choose which account you'll want to link to Logos. 

Posts 2
Samuel Joo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2015 2:28 PM

Any plans to make books on Logos accessible to Kobo e-reader devices?

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2015 7:00 PM

Samuel Joo:

Any plans to make books on Logos accessible to Kobo e-reader devices?

probably not. First, kobo is very small market in the US. Second, the "send to kindle" depends upon a feature by kindle. Does kobo have the same?

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2015 2:24 PM

I am able to send selected books to my Kindle Account fine. They all show as Documents on my various devices as expected. However, when looking in the Documents folder on my IPod or iPad it displays the expected book cover but not so on my Android devices. I never see the book cover, instead I get only a generic document cover. Other than that it works fine for all potable devices. Any ideas?

Michael

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2015 2:30 PM

Rev. Michael L. Burns:
when looking in the Documents folder on my IPod or iPad it displays the expected book cover but not so on my Android devices. I never see the book cover, instead I get only a generic document cover.

Probably a limitation or bug on the Android App... 

Question though: Why are you using send to kindle to send books to the kindle app on Android? Why not use one of the many FL apps? 

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 1:33 AM

Rev. Michael L. Burns:
However, when looking in the Documents folder on my IPod or iPad it displays the expected book cover but not so on my Android devices. I never see the book cover, instead I get only a generic document cover. Other than that it works fine for all potable devices. Any ideas?

It's a known (and very annoying) issue with Kindle. In fact the only place it works correctly is the iOS app. It shows a generic cover on 'proper' Kindles, too.

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 7:20 AM

Thanks Mark. It's a relief to know its not due to Operator Ear Space. I do enough of that.

Michael

Posts 246
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 7:26 AM

I use Send-to-Kindle only from my Desktop, I sometimes read them on my iPad, Galaxy Note 4, etc. when I'm not at home.

Michael

Posts 21871
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 7:31 AM

Rev. Michael L. Burns:
I sometimes read them on my iPad, Galaxy Note 4, etc. when I'm not at home.

Alabama was wondering why you don't use one of the Faithlife apps on those mobile devices as opposed to the Send-to-Kindle route.

With one of the Faithlife apps they would be much more integrated with your desktop - synchronising notes / highlights / position in the book etc

Page 11 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS