New Feature: Ask the Author

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:16 AM

But when I do I show 0 questions. Am I doing something wrong?

We have an issue where the visual filter is only showing up for the specific version of the resource the question was asked in. This is being worked on as we speak.

I'm surprised the questions are not showing up in the ask the author pane however. I'll try to reproduce that, and file a case.

Seth

Posts 618
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 10:25 PM

Hi Seth, I was just curious if you were able to reproduce the problem or if it was working okay on your end?

I was also curious if anyone at Faithlife knew if the Ask the Author feature is what Bob was alluding to in this post or if there was something else in the works?

Thanks,

Ryan

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 8:59 AM

Ryan B:

Hi Seth, I was just curious if you were able to reproduce the problem or if it was working okay on your end?

I was also curious if anyone at Faithlife knew if the Ask the Author feature is what Bob was alluding to in this post or if there was something else in the works?

Thanks,

Ryan

I was able to reproduce it. I didn't think the embedded ask the author view would be dependent on the version of the resource but it looks like it is. It makes sense for the visual filters since if the version changes they might be slightly offset into the wrong place. We have a solution that we are working through for it though.

I'm unsure if that is what Bob was referring to. Sounds like it might've been, but I can't say for sure.

Seth

Posts 618
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:52 AM

No problem. Thank you for taking the time out of a busy work day to give me a status update. I realize you have better things to do than respond to my post, but I do truly appreciate it.

Posts 13
LogosEmployee
John Nobile | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 3:20 PM

Hi Ryan,

We have fixed the problem with resource version mismatches so you should be able to make full use of Ask the Author now.

Thanks,

John

Posts 618
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 12:28 AM

Hi John,

I just tested it and it works great. Thank you so much for your hard work. We appreciate it.

Now if we could just get Logos to give us the author bio information Big Smile

~ Ryan

Posts 760
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 2:55 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Mark Barnes:

I rather doubt B B Warfield and Charles Spurgeon are going to be involved. I'm sure they're enjoying better things...

Yes

I was really hoping to be able to talk to Spurgeon

Posts 67
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 4:40 AM

I am hoping that the Databases (at least the Cultural Ontology Database) will be online soon, as I had a comment on cleft vs. crag

Posts 26492
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 2:03 PM

data@logos.com. will get it to the right department, Scott.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS