Logos 6 is here!

Page 2 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 54 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1882
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:38 AM

Serious questions,

1, Is there any resources that are still pending in pre-pub that we need to cancel??

2. Is there a way to see what's NEW to me if I already bought L6 Collector? My sale rep hasn't send me the email and there's no way to see WHAT'S NEW on the website when you ALREADY have/bought the product.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:40 AM

mike:

Serious question,

Is there any resources that are still pending in pre-pub that we need to cancel??

Collector's Edition has a number of resources in it that are still on Pre-Pub or CP. All of that info should be available shortly.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:42 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

toughski:

You said "this November"; you only get partial credit. Wink

the signs were pretty obvious, though.

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:42 AM

Mark Smith:

The logos.com website looks like it is getting hit hard or they are still updating it. I am just getting timeouts right now, but that's where we'll find all the details.

I'm seeing the same thing.

Strangely, when I log out, I can access the site. However, when I try to log in the wheel just spins and spins and then timeout.

I am seeing this across devices. 

Posts 1882
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:45 AM

Hey Gabe..

Is there a way to see what's NEW to me if I already bought L6 Collector? My sale rep hasn't sent me the email and there's no way to see WHAT'S NEW on the website when you ALREADY have/bought the product.

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:49 AM

I'm having a hard time accessing the Logos website. I get the maintenance screen or a timed out message.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:49 AM

Andy Evans:

Mark Smith:

The logos.com website looks like it is getting hit hard or they are still updating it. I am just getting timeouts right now, but that's where we'll find all the details.

I'm seeing the same thing.

Bummer. Too many people trying to access it right now. I can't get on.

I don't think I've ever seen this much anticipation and excitement about a new Logos release. So, Everett Doonand, you played your role. Now I hope you're satisfied with yourself.

Posts 1882
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:59 AM

Gesh, BlackFriday sale, Christmas's sale, New Year's sale aren't even here.

I wonder what would happen? Stick out tongue

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:01 AM

Logos has a few new Logos 6 videos posted.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LogosBibleSoftware/videos

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:07 AM

Rosie Perera:

Bummer. Too many people trying to access it right now. I can't get on.

I'm having difficulty also.  I notice that the Verbum site is not completely up either.

Infrastructure headaches for Logos this morning ....  blah.  Sad

.... maybe more servers in addition to the UPS backup in the parking lot.  Tongue Tied

Posts 1171
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:18 AM

Yeah, not everything is up yet and it's hard to get in.

BUT I'm happy that this time, Crossgrade packages (3 different levels) are being released straight out the door. Will be checking back here frequently to try to figure out what's the best thing to do!

Posts 343
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:28 AM

While you wait...

http://abramkj.com/2014/10/27/first-look-at-logos-6-new-features-and-screenshots/

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:32 AM

James C.:

Logos has a few new Logos 6 videos posted.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LogosBibleSoftware/videos

Those are worth seeing. We were able to preview many of them during the past few days. Well done and can definitely explain many new features relatively quickly.

While you are waiting to get onto the logos.com site you can get a step ahead watching a few of these.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1083
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:46 AM

Is there some kind of discount only for today? what if we are unable to get access to the website like now because of traffic.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 28363
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:01 AM

Lee Garrison:
Is there some kind of discount only for today?

No.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 161
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:02 AM

Hey Lee,

There is not a special discount only for today.

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:08 AM

While I am still waiting on my new features to download, what I have seen has me excited so far, especially from a layperson perspective. Hopefully, I can now get my wife to see the utility of using Logos on the desktop instead of Biblia, which she prefers. The Atlas especially would be a big win for her.

That being said, what were some of the things you would have expected in the next version of Logos that is not here today? Not to nitpick, I just like to see what everyone's wishlists are. Smile

For me, it would be 3

1) Highlighting - I find the current highlighting to a little clunky, but I cannot figure out a better way to be honest. I would have liked a disassociation of highlighting palettes and notes. I find the thinking process before highlighting (am I using the right palette with the right setting as to which note it should be stored in) to be cumbersome.

2) Touch friendliness - This would have been good on the Windows side especially.

3) A move away from .NET - .NET is great. I work for a company which is a .NET shop; that being said, moving to something like an HTML5 engine (which might be infeasible today realistically) would allow the power of Logos to transcend the desktop and reach browsers, Chromebooks, tablets and so forth. This is not talking about online vs offline - just the presentation engine

Posts 2206
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:16 AM

Geo Philips:

3) A move away from .NET - .NET is great. I work for a company which is a .NET shop; that being said, moving to something like an HTML5 engine (which might be infeasible today realistically) would allow the power of Logos to transcend the desktop and reach browsers, Chromebooks, tablets and so forth. This is not talking about online vs offline - just the presentation engine

Actually, all of the new Interactive Resources are built on html-based technology, as is the home page, the Ask the Author feature the Groups tool, and probably some other things I'm not remembering. As you state, it should make it easier to move these features to other platforms.

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:46 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Actually, all of the new Interactive Resources are built on html-based technology, as is the home page, the Ask the Author feature the Groups tool, and probably some other things I'm not remembering. As you state, it should make it easier to move these features to other platforms.

That is amazing - thanks for the info Andrew. The Home Page looks great in my opinion.

Posts 6
mike mcleod | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 10:55 AM

I think Logos is going to tick a lot of people off, by their latest marketing scheme.  No matter what web link I use to get to Logos.  I get the screenshot: Logos 6 is here - to order call 877-542-7664.  It then stays at this screen with no link to continue.

Page 2 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS