att: Joel Garboden or someone else with forum privileges

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8898
fgh | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:36 AM

Great idea to prepare lots of explanatory posts before the launch! StarStar's to whoever came up with that.

There is just one problem: even though I subscribed immediately, I have already missed getting all the most important posts as e-mails.Sad Any chance there is a setting you can change so that new subscribers get all posts, and not just all new posts? If so, could you activate that for the next 24 hours or so, before you go back to normal?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8654
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:40 AM

As you may know, most of those posts in the L6 forum were already in place long before the forum was made visible so this is what you're (not) seeing.

As for the setting you request, nothing in my reading on telligent community server indicates that is an option.  But Joel is the pro, so I'll wait for his confirmation.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 19071
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 8:03 AM

fgh:
Any chance there is a setting you can change so that new subscribers get all posts, and not just all new posts?

Thomas explained why you didn't get those as emails when you subscribed.

And I can't imagine anyone would want to get email for ALL posts. Do you know there is going to be a huge flood of posts within the next day or so about Logos 6? Your email Inbox is going to be absolutely swamped. And you'd not be able to find the important ones in among all the dumb questions.

The most important posts about Logos 6 are the three stickies on the top of Logos 6 forum ("Logos 6 FAQ", "What's New in Logos 6", and "Logos 6 Release Notes"). The other important posts are all the ones linked from "What's New in Logos 6" because it has a link to a post describing each of the new features, with screenshots.

Posts 51
LogosEmployee
Joel Garboden (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 8:04 AM

fgh:

There is just one problem: even though I subscribed immediately, I have already missed getting all the most important posts as e-mails.Sad Any chance there is a setting you can change so that new subscribers get all posts, and not just all new posts? If so, could you activate that for the next 24 hours or so, before you go back to normal?

TCBlack:

As you may know, most of those posts in the L6 forum were already in place long before the forum was made visible so this is what you're (not) seeing.

As for the setting you request, nothing in my reading on telligent community server indicates that is an option.  But Joel is the pro, so I'll wait for his confirmation.

TCBlack is correct, that isn't currently an option for Forums; and would make things very complicated at a database and code level to implement.

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 8:13 AM

Rosie - wasn't it you looking for a way to mark ALL posts as read a while back. I may have found you a solution.

I was snooping trying to find the L6 forum assuming (Accurately) that it was up. didn't find it. However, I did find that if you try to open a forum that doesn't exist yet. Forum 125 for instance you basically get a feed that shows all the recent posts with a link to mark them all as read.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 19071
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 8:51 AM

abondservant:

Rosie - wasn't it you looking for a way to mark ALL posts as read a while back. I may have found you a solution.

I was snooping trying to find the L6 forum assuming (Accurately) that it was up. didn't find it. However, I did find that if you try to open a forum that doesn't exist yet. Forum 125 for instance you basically get a feed that shows all the recent posts with a link to mark them all as read.

That wasn't me, but interesting discovery.

I've long ago ceased trying to read all unread posts and marking certain forums read. I only have time to dabble now, very minimally. Mostly I just check threads I've commented on already and do a visual scan of the subject lines of the most recent topics to see if any of them catch my eye, and then I'm outta here.

Posts 8898
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 9:28 AM

TCBlack:
most of those posts in the L6 forum were already in place long before the forum was made visible so this is what you're (not) seeing

Of course. That's why I wrote like I wrote.

Rosie Perera:
I can't imagine anyone would want to get email for ALL posts.

I very much do. It takes me at least 5-10 times longer to read on the web. I don't have time for that. Least of all on a day like this.

Rosie Perera:
The most important posts about Logos 6 are the three stickies on the top of Logos 6 forum ("Logos 6 FAQ", "What's New in Logos 6", and "Logos 6 Release Notes"). The other important posts are all the ones linked from "What's New in Logos 6" because it has a link to a post describing each of the new features, with screenshots.

Exactly. And those are exactly the posts I'm missing. 

Joel Garboden (Faithlife):
TCBlack is correct, that isn't currently an option for Forums; and would make things very complicated at a database and code level to implement.

Sad  Makes me wish you hadn't posted those threads until I'd had a chance to subscribe. 

Now I'm getting swamped with follow-up posts I can neither understand, nor delete (since I have no idea if I want to save them or not).

But thanks for answering so fast.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 30213
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:32 PM

They've been made into a PBB ... probably under files

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19071
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:33 PM

MJ. Smith:

They've been made into a PBB ... probably under files

Here https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92929.aspx 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS