New resources not downloading

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 33406
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:14 PM

Geo Philips:

That being said, does that mean that there are many Logos 5 users now sitting with potentially unwanted data on their disks because they do not have Logos 6? I am not sure I would be fine with that (I bought 6 today.) 

Most of the "L6"  data is tagging within the resources.. Those not upgrading to L6 will not receive the new datasets but they will receive the updated resources whether or not they have purchased a base pack/crossgrade/ etc. to activate the features using the data. This is no different than before.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:17 PM

MJ. Smith:

Most of the "L6"  data is tagging within the resources.. Those not upgrading to L6 will not receive the new datasets but they will receive the updated resources whether or not they have purchased a base pack/crossgrade/ etc. to activate the features using the data. This is no different than before.

Yes that is true. Makes sense when you consider it from the updated resource perspective.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:21 PM

I have noticed many of the new features are not working as they do in the demo videos. I assume this is because not only are new resources not downloading, but data sets as well. Is this the case?

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:22 PM

Yes, it looks like some are downloading issues and others are licensing issues. I am sure it will be fixed soon. 

Keith Larson:

I have noticed many of the new features are not working as they do in the demo videos. I assume this is because not only are new resources not downloading, but data sets as well. Is this the case?

Posts 1034
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:45 PM

My upgrade just started downloading, only 4.45 gigs to go.

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:57 PM

Mine is done. Did not have that much to download, given that I am on measly Gold. 1.64 GB or thereabouts.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:12 PM

Mine is downloading as well. 6.30 GB

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Resource downloads should be working again now.

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:17 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Resource downloads should be working again now.

Yes, mine are downloading as we speak! Exciting!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 102
Jeromy Waunch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:18 PM

I'm not sure if the reference to the resources working in Logos 5 was a typo, or if you meant to say that they work for Logos 6.  If I update them now, and then upgrade to version 6 tonight, will I need to redownload them again after install?

Posts 150
LogosEmployee
Todd White (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:20 PM

Jeromy Waunch:
If I update them now, and then upgrade to version 6 tonight, will I need to redownload them again after install?

All of the resources you download will work in Logos 6. Once you upgrade you will have another, most likely small, download for the new resources and data sets in Logos 6.

Posts 33406
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 2:22 PM

Geo Philips:

Mine is done. Did not have that much to download, given that I am on measly Gold. 1.64 GB or thereabouts.

Those of us on Gold were precisely in the middle in L5 ... we've been demoted to the bottom half by the Collectors Edition So I guess we are now "measly"Sad We need to lobby for an added low end product to regain our statusWink Gold owner of the world unite!!

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 2:44 PM

MJ. Smith:
Gold owner of the world unite!!

I'm in!

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 2:44 PM

MJ. Smith:
Gold owner of the world unite!!

I'm in!

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 2:47 PM

Keith Larson:

Correct. Try typing Update Now in the Command bar then hit Enter. That will probably trigger a dataset or additional resource download. (It did for me at any rate.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 2:49 PM

MJ. Smith:
we've been demoted to the bottom half by the Collectors Edition

Oh, no! Gasp! Not the dreaded loss of status!

Actually I am in L5 Platinum. Who knows where I'll be in L6? I can't afford to keep up this status chasing. ;)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 3:15 PM

Mark Smith:

MJ. Smith:

Actually I am in L5 Platinum. Who knows where I'll be in L6? I can't afford to keep up this status chasing. ;)

Now guys....  Surprise

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1660
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:07 PM

Mark Smith:
I agree that this is rather less that we'd expect on launch day.

No - sorry Mark, But this is what happens on EVERY Logos launch day!

It is exactly what one has coem to expect.

...because it has been happening exactly like this for many years now...and yes I always appreciate the very sincere apologies.Smile

[Apparently the only ones who were able to access any "stuff" this time were the early beta testers?]

And LOVE that massive resource download during that same 24-48 hour period--another stroke of marketing "genius"?

[with Logos since freebie version 1.6 and full Base version 2.0]

Regards, SteveF

Posts 29790
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:40 PM

Mark Smith:

MJ. Smith:

Does L6 come in Crayola? Stick out tongue

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 33406
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 7:49 PM

alabama24:

Does L6 come in Crayola? Stick out tongue

Don't be silly. It comes in the more environmentally friendly pastel sidewalk chalks.

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS