Beware the Crossgrade Option

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9128
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:30 AM

abondservant:
Nice Mark.

The new features don't hold any atraction for you? or are there other factors at play?

I have all the new features. I said I wouldn't upgrade to a package (I have most of what I want and then a lot more already). I'd highly recommend the Feature Crossgrade to everyone. L6 with the Feature Crossgrade is a compelling upgrade all by itself.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:31 AM

Mark Smith:

abondservant:
Nice Mark.

The new features don't hold any atraction for you? or are there other factors at play?

I have all the new features. I said I wouldn't upgrade to a package (I have most of what I want and then a lot more already). I'd highly recommend the Feature Crossgrade to everyone. L6 with the Feature Crossgrade is a compelling upgrade all by itself.

That makes more sense.

Still growing my lbrary... But I may get to that same point eventually.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 54
Rick Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:50 AM

I tend to agree that it isn't an import issue to me and evidently not too you, but it appears to be an important issue to a fairly large number of people.

Posts 2169
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:57 AM

Once Platinum always Platinum.  Until you go Uranium.  Think of anything you add as making you PLUS-Sized.    

Posts 9128
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:02 AM

Rick Williams:
but it appears to be an important issue to a fairly large number of people.

Not to argue your idea of how wide-spread this concern is, but can you imagine what Logos would need to do to get around this?

1.  Create new names for every new package for every release. That way Bronze 'status' would be forever yours because Logos never reuses the name.

2.  Never create a new package again so that no one ever faces the decision to 'lose their status' by not upgrading.

3.  Give away all the new content in the updated packages?

Perhaps I've not thought of one.

What exactly would you like Logos to do? It is one thing to be unhappy. It is another to propose a solution that is employable. I'm sure Logos would listen to reasonable ideas.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:08 AM

Gao Lu:

Once Platinum always Platinum.  Until you go Uranium.  Think of anything you add as making you PLUS-Sized.    

As is always the case I want the unobtanium package, but settled for portfolio.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:19 AM

Item number three sounds reasonable to me. :)

Seriously though, the Feature Upgrade was also the best deal for me. I used to UPgrade every year until I hit Platinum. But now I DOWNgrade every year. First Gold then Silver, but I chose not to go Bronze this year. The new pricing structure finally helped me overcome the desire for more more more.

Mark Smith:

Rick Williams:
but it appears to be an important issue to a fairly large number of people.

Not to argue your idea of how wide-spread this concern is, but can you imagine what Logos would need to do to get around this?

1.  Create new names for every new package for every release. That way Bronze 'status' would be forever yours because Logos never reuses the name.

2.  Never create a new package again so that no one ever faces the decision to 'lose their status' by not upgrading.

What exactly would you like Logos to do? It is one thing to be unhappy. It is another to propose a solution that is employable. I'm sure Logos would listen to reasonable ideas.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 2701
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:00 AM

no, however, the fact you are platinum like me SERIOUSLY discounts the crossgrade price

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 4745
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:13 AM

Dynamic pricing does not calculate based on the package name. It is based on the resources you own.

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:19 AM

Mark Smith:

The other option, for those who are concerned with status (which I find amazing among people who buy Bible study software) would be to replicate the model of the Amex black/gold card or frequent flyer programme, which is that you retain the status by spending a certain amount every year. In the Logos world, this would mean that you pay an annual subscription and automatically get Gold/Platinum/whatever when a new release comes out.

Personally, I prefer the existing system and I'm saying that as someone who upgraded from L5 Platinum to L6 Platinum yesterday because the items on my wishlist that were  included in the new package came to more than the cost of upgrading minus the feature crossgrade cost. That way, I got all the new features plus some items off my wishlist for less than they would otherwise have cost me (as well as a bunch of other stuff that might or might not come in useful).

I'm loving the new features in L6, which are genuinely helpful features that enhance my exegetical work.  

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 9128
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:21 AM

GregW:
I'm loving the new features in L6, which are genuinely helpful features that enhance my exegetical work.  

There is a lot to like in L6. It would be a shame to let some perceived loss of status keep one from enjoying it.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4745
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:32 AM

Mark Smith:
There is a lot to like in L6. It would be a shame to let some perceived loss of status keep one from enjoying it.

Well said Mark.

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS