Page 6 of 6 (106 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
This post has 105 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3667
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:28 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

6.0 should now be downloading (as of 11:15am PST) via automatic updates to all 5.3 beta computers.

THANK YOU!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 18715
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 10:16 AM

Thank you all again for your feedback on this decision. I'm happy to announce that we will be delivering the free Logos 6 engine to all 5.3 beta testers as a small "thank you" for helping test the new 5.3 code (that forms part of the foundation of Logos 6).

Logos/Faithlife is a class act.

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 2:07 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
I probably will use this more standardize (and most likely safer) approach of a separate stripped down account in the future.

Maybe not safer; just more economical with one computerSmile

The separate account can be a standard user (non-Admin) for safety! You get prompted for Admin credentials only when installing Prerequisites.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 2:14 PM

Dave Hooton:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
I probably will use this more standardize (and most likely safer) approach of a separate stripped down account in the future.

Maybe not safer; just more economical with one computerSmile

The separate account can be a standard user (non-Admin) for safety! You get prompted for Admin credentials only when installing Prerequisites.

Thanks Dave.

Posts 25045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 2:16 PM

Since running Logos simultaneously in two user accounts on the same machine is not a common scenario (and has a simple, though non-obvious, workaround), we don't plan to investigate this bug further at the moment.

I only encountered this bug with Logos 6 beta testing and it was very frustrating until I looked at the log. Steve and I managed to resolve it, but not all beta testers or users can do that. I think Steve could provide a fix if necessary...

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 21
Paul Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 4:42 PM

Thank you all again for your feedback on this decision. I'm happy to announce that we will be delivering the free Logos 6 engine to all 5.3 beta testers as a small "thank you" for helping test the new 5.3 code (that forms part of the foundation of Logos 6).

Thank you so very much!

Page 6 of 6 (106 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS