edited title: finding resource file names in one of the Orders tabs

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 27 2014 11:08 PM

See this thread for a bit of specifics: Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library resource files? ... I've posted that thread in the Libronix/Logos 3 subforum.

It must be just a glitch while the entire site has been under reconstruction with programmers having to fix major errors all night long. So I understand if not every part of the site is up yet. But there's no reason to take down the tab for good, at least not yet before February 2015 (when the free L6 Core Engine ships).

If they don't even attempt to fix this I may return everything purchased within the last 30 days, which is about $2,000 - about half of them I know for certain would work in L3 and I believe I will have the up-to-date license file.
See the upper right corner of the screen-capture below. The items were mainly bought by someone to me with his debit card, his Libronix/Logos 3 seems to be fine - he has his Downloadable Libronix Files tabs but hasn't tested this week to download any of the files and he largely doesn't have the same resources as I have:

EDIT 2:49 AM Oct. 28. Bellingham time: I hope that when I get to try downloading that I get to download the files which I'm positive have Libronix editions, see further down this thread - I'll have to reach for the filenames from the software, the rest of the URL is always the same.

L2 Catholic new; Used: ODCC L5 Reformed Silver L6 Full Crossgrade; L6 Chinese Bronze new; L6 Ancient Literature Feature Expansion Collection (25 vols.) new, no dynamic pricing. Before packs had 100 books incl. AYBRL new

Posts 3941
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 11:13 PM

IE Unix.

Any way - I would suspect that its just a site glitch.

I've seen some similarly oddly placed objects.

Giving it a few minutes, clearing my cash, and refreshing a couple times fixed it for me.

No need to make threats, especially in light of the team having stayed up all night.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 11:20 PM

I'm not talking about it being oddly placed (it has been like that before the site was redone), what I'm talking about is that I can't access the file names to see if I can download my resource files. The tab is clickable but won't open properly - which also leaves me unable to confirm everything in Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library has a corresponding Libronix file but I'm almost sure it does (it does unless the collection was more recently expanded - I could verify this latter part on archive.org). I had been looking to purchase it for 1½ years. After all the effort to finance big purchases and to get the license file I'm disappointed if they discontinue the resource file downloads just to save some GB storage space on their servers - the files can't be causing much load on the servers as they are downloaded one-by-one.

L2 Catholic new; Used: ODCC L5 Reformed Silver L6 Full Crossgrade; L6 Chinese Bronze new; L6 Ancient Literature Feature Expansion Collection (25 vols.) new, no dynamic pricing. Before packs had 100 books incl. AYBRL new

Posts 3941
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 11:23 PM

Second verse, same as the first.

Community Pricing wouldn't come up at all for a while either...

Give things a chance - if they did a DNS change over it can take up to 24hrs for everything to propagate out all the way to sweden (or even here to NC).

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 11:29 PM

The tab is up now but I can't spot the Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library!! This is frightening. I knew I should have been warned this Summer when the Pre-Summer Pack wouldn't show up as downloadable Libronix files (which I duly returned). Also, he bought me the Common English Bible but I know the URL (haven't verified though) for that one so I might try to see if it downloads but that would be just one Bible. I was really looking forward to the AYB Ref Libr.
HOWEVER the above does not explain why the Sept. 2. order IS showing as downloadable - so the plot thickens:

Posts 27927
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 27 2014 11:55 PM

I had some delays in licenses coming through as the Logos site was coming back up ... and the sales rep was having unpredictable response times ... but it seems to have settled down, my licenses appeared and the downloads began. So relax, give it time and post again in 12 hours if it hasn't shown up.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 12:12 AM

Now that I think of it, what's probably causing the Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library not showing up, is if having placed orders on items containing L4, L5 or L6 resources in the same order number as the expected L3 resources! I can tediously install L3 and use the license support info within the software to get hold of the files, but it is sure a lot of extra work. A reason for not buying base-packages or other disposable heaps of books! If I remember correctly the file names show up there, and the rest of the URL I know. I'm 98% sure having seen all the file names in the software for resources whether current or returned or sold ones.

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:18 AM

YES!!! Hurray!! All of them which were missing are up now. Both purchases show up as updated yesterday. The other purchase I'm talking about is not the CEB, but the NRSV which I also bought yesterday. Either there were resource file updates to Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library or BHQ yesterday, or the licenses from the purchase showed up yesterday.

Either way I'm very grateful to Logos. The price was great (didn't get a discount on BHQ and NRSV but didn't expect to get), and an hour ago this account may have found a future user who said something from which it might be possible to determine he has some interest for the Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library.

Now just for the financing to avoid the payment plan fees, hoping to get an interest free short-term loan.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS