Parallel Resource Feature is WONDERFUL - 2 more suggestions

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 362
Wyn Laidig | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 10 2010 4:29 AM | Locked

Thanks so much for implementing the Parallel Resource Feature.  I love it!!   I have created 66 Commentary Collections - one for each book of the Bible.  I assign mytags to each commentary, like C-Jude,C-1John, etc. then define a collection based on that tag. It works great!

I have two suggestions:

1.  In the drop down parallel resource window, it would be nice to be able to hover over the icon and see the resource information.

2. It would be helpful to be able to drag/move resources to arrange them in priority.  It would be VERY nice to be able to do that where we define the collection, instead of having them just default to alphabetical order.  I know the Library priority system sets priorities to the parallel resources, but it's not practical to put everything into one long library priority list., and also there are many collections that we'll want to have special ordering for.

Posts 18595
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 4:39 AM | Locked

Wyn Laidig:

2. It would be helpful to be able to drag/move resources to arrange them in priority.  It would be VERY nice to be able to do that where we define the collection, instead of having them just default to alphabetical order.  I know the Library priority system sets priorities to the parallel resources, but it's not practical to put everything into one long library priority list., and also there are many collections that we'll want to have special ordering for.

+1 Yes Yes! I've wanted to be able to do this, too, in other places where collections appear. Dragging to rearrange the order of a collection would be great!

Posts 24482
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2010 4:36 PM | Locked

Wyn Laidig:
1.  In the drop down parallel resource window, it would be nice to be able to hover over the icon and see the resource information.

Provided it doesn't become a performance issue!

Wyn Laidig:

If we can nominate collections as PRA's then this makes it easy for Logos to override the priority system. I don't think it should imply anything for the presentation of Search results, though.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS