Yosemite

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 140
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:25 AM

So, is anyone running Logos 6 under Mac Yosemite?  Do they play well together?

Posts 5
Josh Savage | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:30 AM

Working fine for me.

Posts 150
LogosEmployee
Todd White (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:33 AM

They are generally working well together. There are some known issues like (https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92884.aspx) that we are addressing as we find them.

Posts 140
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:27 AM

Well, I cross-graded, and am currently on hold now with Customer Service to talk refund.  Visually, on Yosemite, Logos 6 just doesn't have it.  Bible Word Study and Atlas are just two places where there are issues, my personal highlighting palette is another.  Not things I want to go into here, and not something I want to trouble-shoot.  Maybe some months down the road these bugs will be worked out, but I'm going to try to go back to what worked (and worked well!) - Logos 5.

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 11:41 AM

I cross-graded and it seems to work fine.  Some speed improvements and I don't notice any visual problems with BWS, Atlas, or highlighting (I have some custom highlights, but none I made myself-why do your own work when someone else can do it for you?.  These all seem to work fine).  I am running an SSD HD, so that probably helps with speed.

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 11:45 AM

I'm also running L6 on a Macbook Pro with Yosemite. The only issue I have come across is what appears to be a scaling problem in the Library view where in certain parts of the tab the cursor's visual position is a couple of rows above its effective position. Not finding any problems with Word Study, highlighting or anything else, and I am loving some of the new features. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 140
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 11:46 AM

Well, all I know from speaking with Logos is that there are known issues with Yosemite, and I suspect there are others that are as yet unknown.  I am running a MacBook Pro with an SSD HD, and speed is not an issue.  I think Logos 6 was released too soon after Yosemite coming out, and it simply wasn't (isn't) ready for that platform, at least not for all users.  Its enough to make me revert to Logos 5 until Logos 6 has been out for a while and works like it should (for me).

Posts 10
Father Neil Bakker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 12:53 PM

Working fine for me!

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 12:56 PM

GregW:
The only issue I have come across is what appears to be a scaling problem in the Library view where in certain parts of the tab the cursor's visual position is a couple of rows above its effective position

I'm having difficulty with the alignment in Library as well. 

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 94
Ben Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 1:18 PM

Ditto library scaling issues w/Yosemite. 

Happening to me too. 

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 1:38 PM

I was told that a fix is on the way. Possibly / probably be end of day 

Posts 38
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 7:12 PM

I just downloaded the Feature Crossgrade on my MBP Retina SSD hard drive, running Yosemite.  I am having the scaling issue, too.  There is a huge blank space on the left and the active panes are crammed on the right.  Just wanted to report that this issue, as described by others, is a problem for me, too.  

Also, Logos 6 crashed as I opened the forums from the program.

Posts 46
Dale Durnell, Retired | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 8:26 PM

Steven,

I'm running Yosemite on an iMac that I bought a couple of years back, but I bought it with an i7 processor and am running the max memory on board. I was a little disappointed in the refresh rate on the maps with Logos 6, and getting it up and running (including indexing) took about twice to three times as long as on my PC, but that was to be expected.

Other that than, though, once it was up and running it seemed to work as well as 5 and from a user standpoint, and for what I'm doing, I didn't notice any problem between Logos 5.2 SR7 that I was running and Logos 6.

Just my two cents based on my experience this morning

Dale

Blessings,

Dale Durnell

Coming to you from Henryetta Oklahoma (45 miles south of Tulsa, and 85 miles east of OKC)

Posts 38
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:36 PM

A further observation:  I restarted my computer and the scaling issue resolved.  The program still crashes when I access the forums through the program.  I am running 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB of memory.

I really like the way the homepage scrolls rather than the old slider effect of the various pages in Logos 5!

Posts 140
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:24 AM

Hello all,

I removed Logos 6 from my system and reinstalled Logos 5.  Just to give an idea of some of the problems I was seeing:

1) windows that were not large enough to display the graphic information (as in Bible Word Study) would not scroll right or left to display the information.  I found this in the BWS, also in the Proverbs Explorer.

2) personal highlight palette was very large, font-wise, and the items in the palette were not displaying correctly in the palette.

3) Hebrew alphabet tutor had no sound, and no place where I could find sound settings ... maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought it would pronounce the letters.

4) atlas had very grainy (pixellated) look

5) setting favorites caused the display of a small white box with gray around it, and favorites could not be deleted until I clicked out of the box and went back to it (and then, by the way, it displayed properly).

6) ironically, many people report problems with how the library displayed ... mine displayed just fine.

Restarting my machine didn't change any of these issues.

I am using a mid-2014 MacBook Pro, 256 SSD HD, and 8 GB RAM.  Speed was not an issue at all on my machine.  Logos 6 ran probably as fast as Logos 5 does.

The long and short was I don't have time to find work-arounds and "beta-test" the software on Yosemite for Logos.  I'll just wait until the engine itself is free (February) and hopefully by then they will have found out the cause of these problems and fixed them based on feedback from other users.

Thank you all for your input!  Again, I'm not trying to "fix" it ... Logos 6 is gone from my machine and Logos 5 is running quite smoothly and happily.

Posts 10743
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:10 PM

Steven Baxley:
I don't have time to find work-arounds and "beta-test" the software on Yosemite for Logos.

I did beta test L6 with Yosemite, and I did not experience any of your problems. However, I do have all scaling set to default—or smaller. Did you have Program Scaling set above 100%? Or Resource sliders set above the default 3rd position?

Just seeking to isolate the problem as much as possible so it can be fixed.

Posts 1776
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:16 PM

Jack, I experienced Steven's #2, #4, #5 and the library problem (and big arrows in the notes font drop downs) all while Program Scaling was set at 100%. Things really got wacky above 100%. Thankfully, Logos 6 SR-1, solved those all those issues for me.

I wonder if the make and model of the graphics card a person had would account for the different experiences people had?

Posts 140
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 6:39 PM

I tried various levels of scaling, could not get the problem to go away.  I may try Logos 6 again since the service release seems to have fixed some of the problems, but I want to see if I can have an install of Logos 5 at the same time as an install of Logos 6, so I don't have to go and do this whole process over again if Logos 6 is still buggy.  There are other threads that discuss that, so maybe I'll be lucky.

If I go that route, then I'll report back here what my results were.

Posts 140
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 8:30 PM

OK, I upgraded again.  Going with my list above:

1) doesn't seem to be a problem in BWS, is still a problem in the Proverbs Explorer

2) personal highlights palette now displays correctly, solved by setting scaling to 80%

3) still no sound in Hebrew Alphabet Tutor, but I discovered today that it requires Hebrew audio resources, so Crossgrading won't help here unless you already have the resources (which I don't)

4) atlas is no longer pixellated like it was

5) favorites works completely normally now

6) the library never was an issue

Hopefully, Logos will continue to work on some of the bugs on Yosemite.  Right now, as best I can tell, my install is working within what I would consider to be normal parameters for just-published software.

Posts 28548
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:11 PM

There is a bug affecting some Yosemite users (including myself) where large downloads time out, stall, and cause the compute to overheat. See this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/93214.aspx 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS