dynamic pricing on Crossgrades

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 28 2014 11:05 AM

my last base upgrade was to L4, so...

Does the Logos 6 Core Crossgrade and the Logos6 Feature Crossgrade prices shown on the websites take into consideration that i have not upgraded from L4 to L5? Or is there also an extra charge to migrate from L4 to L5 first?

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 11:26 AM

Steve, 

I am not aware of any penalty in upgrading from L4 vs L5.  

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 4132
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 11:31 AM

No penalty I am aware of, however you may need to buy more resources as a part of the crossgrade than I do (I did buy into L5 heavily - see my signature).

They wanted 189$ for me to crossgrade to the larger of the three packages.

Settled on portfolio instead.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 11:38 AM

Steve, there is no extra charge.

Your dynamic pricing discount is calculated based on the resources you own. It doesn't matter whether you got these resources from a Logos 4 purchase years ago.

The discount is calculated the same way for everyone; there's no extra charge for you to upgrade from Logos 4 to Logos 6.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 12:03 PM

Kent Hendricks:

Thanks Kent!

I was curious because when L5 came out and users who had not upgraded to L4 (e.g. L3 users) had to first pay for an upgrade to L4 on top of the L5 upgrade cost. If i remember correctly it was for the datasets in L4 (i.e. Biblical Place, People, Things or something like that). This is what my question pertained to, not my current resources.

Posts 4132
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 12:05 PM

steve clark:

Kent Hendricks:

Thanks Kent!

I was curious because when L5 came out and users who had not upgraded to L4 (e.g. L3 users) had to first pay for an upgrade to L4 on top of the L5 upgrade cost. If i remember correctly it was for the datasets in L4 (i.e. Biblical Place, People, Things or something like that). This is what my question pertained to, not my current resources.

I remember something like that, as I recall it was because the L4 crossgrade cost less than the discount it gave you off the L5 crossgrade. So if you were upgrading from L3 to L5, it made sense. Or else something quite close to that.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 12:08 PM

You're remembering correctly. Our goal was to simplify the process of getting the crossgrade for Logos 6. Big Smile

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 12:10 PM

abondservant:
I remember something like that, as I recall it was because the L4 crossgrade cost less than the discount it gave you off the L5 crossgrade. So if you were upgrading from L3 to L5, it made sense. Or else something quite close to that.

Thanks AB!

So my question still stands. i am trying to figure out the total price for me to do a crossgrade so i can rationalize it against the cost of a different L6 base package.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 12:10 PM

The sales rep I called when upgrading the spare account (which I would give in its entirety to someone who will research together with me), told me that the L6 Core Crossgrade does contain everything from both L4 and L5 Minimal Crossgrades (i.e. needed to add the NRSV since it doesn't come with Bible and there were only a few Bibles in the account since before). I had wished in the Suggestions forum a couple of times that none of the databases beyond L5 Core Datasets would be included in a scenario when a user has the Bronze package or Verbum Foundations+ from L5 (which the account hasn't though) but my wish was not granted it seems.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 12:11 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Kent!!

Edit:  Thanks TC, AB, & Unix!

Posts 34
Kevin M. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 8 2014 9:26 AM

Unix:

The sales rep I called when upgrading the spare account (which I would give in its entirety to someone who will research together with me), told me that the L6 Core Crossgrade does contain everything from both L4 and L5 Minimal Crossgrades (i.e. needed to add the NRSV since it doesn't come with Bible and there were only a few Bibles in the account since before). I had wished in the Suggestions forum a couple of times that none of the databases beyond L5 Core Datasets would be included in a scenario when a user has the Bronze package or Verbum Foundations+ from L5 (which the account hasn't though) but my wish was not granted it seems.

What are you looking for in a research team member?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS