"How long will we be waiting" message on phone sales

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Isobel Bunting | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 28 2014 4:14 PM

Is there any reason why we are not told how long we can expect to be waiting in the queue when we phone sales?? Or alternatively how many people are in front of us??

If it is the latter we can make our own guesses after 2 or 3 mins and we see how many it has gone down by.

This seems to be standard with many bodies in the UK now. At the moment it could be two mins or two hours.

Posts 22208
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 4:19 PM

Hi Isobel - and welcome to the forums

Isobel Bunting:
This seems to be standard with many bodies in the UK now

Sorry - I don't have an answer to your question but, just to clarify, Faithlife is a US-based company

I share your frustration with wait times when phoning in the UK!

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 5:02 PM

Our call waits have ranged from 8-30 minutes today... we're really seeing a high volume. (Our normal operational target is "less than two minutes" every day.)

We extended our hours this week, hired new people, and even upgraded the phone system to support more simultaneous lines, but we're still overwhelmed. 

Right now our phone system doesn't support reporting the queue time via voice messages in the on-hold system. (We'd love to have that, but it would be a very expensive addition for us.) We do have internal reports that show it via web pages, and we'll look to see if we can add that to our web site somehow.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

-- Bob

P.S. We will be open till 9 pm US Pacific time tonight, and back open at 6 am tomorrow.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 5:07 PM

I spent 28 minutes on the phone earlier, guess I gave up just a few minutes too early Geeked

Its all good, I was just trying to figure something out that Rusty Davidson will have figured out for me :)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 6653
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 5:59 PM

I called and I got a message queue telling me I was caller number 3, then 2 and then I got an answer and it worked out just fine for me.  It was less than 7 minutes to wait.  Plus, I called my sales rep and got connected right away, but then again, I called her at 6:00am PST so it sounded like she was just getting up from the carpet because she probably spent the night sleeping at her office...LOL...nah, she didn't but her and others stayed late yesterday.  

Be patience or try other means to contact them.  They are very busy and it may take them a little longer than usual to answer.

DAL

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 6:03 PM

Yeah Rusty got it sorted. I just know he's busy today - conferences, sales calls, emails, etc.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:06 PM

I must have gotten lucky in that I wasn't forced to wait at all.  I made a direct call to my sales rep's line tonight and he picked right up...granted it was at about 7:00pm Pacific.

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:09 PM

Called just before 9:00pm PST and didn't have to wait. The sales person's computer however was giving him fits but the discounts he quoted me were awesome.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS