Logos Keeps Crashing

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Jevan Little | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 28 2014 5:44 PM

Ive enabled Logging and am waiting for it to crash. It crashes randomly and sometimes after the program is closed I still get the same warning

I checked events and saw something with the .NET architecture so I rebuilt it completely (uninstalled and reinstalled) and still the same

So as I am waiting there is an event log in the Logos folder "Logos4Error" that shows it can't connect with the server because it can't trust it

Error building request (POST https://resourceviewtracking.logos.com/v1/submit).
System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

I don't know if you need these logs or not, and since Im waiting for a crash I thought I would wait to upload those too

On the other hand, if my problem has to do with a certificate, how do I fix that?

BTW Its LOGOS 4 on WinXP

Program Version: 4.6c SR-7 (4.63.0.0409)
Windows Version: 5.1.2600.196608
Time: 2014-10-28 17:14:43 -07:00 (2014-10-29T00:14:43Z)
Installed memory: 2,777 MB
Install path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\System\Logos4.exe
Free install space: 121,670 MB
Data path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\rv2ali4l.kz0
Free disk space: 121,670 MB
Temp path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\
Free temp space: 121,670 MB

As I said im just waiting for another crash to upload files but if you want me to zip those and send them anyways I will

Thanks

Jevan

Posts 28
Jevan Little | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 11:46 PM

3 Txt files

3566.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 6:21 AM

Jevan Little:
there is an event log in the Logos folder "Logos4Error" that shows it can't connect with the server because it can't trust it

This very well may be related to the server problems associated with the Logos 6 release and resulting traffic.

The crash log indicates a potential issue with your RAM.  It may be worthwhile to have Windows run a ram check. 

For example see: Test your RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic tool

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 2056
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:30 AM

I don't think it's a RAM issue, but may be wrong. I've seen several other threads that exhibit similar problems in relation to ResourceViewTracker. Several on L4, and one or two on L6.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:38 AM

Randy W. Sims:
I don't think it's a RAM issue, but may be wrong.
I'm not too sure about it either. Except bad RAM did turn out to be an issue on my machine a while back.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 7923
LogosEmployee

TCBlack:

The crash log indicates a potential issue with your RAM.  It may be worthwhile to have Windows run a ram check. 

It's not RAM.

The same problem has been reported here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92435.aspx; check that thread for updates.

Posts 28
Jevan Little | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 4:19 PM

Thanks. Had already checked RAM no problems

Posts 28
Jevan Little | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 11:27 AM

Bump

Posts 7923
LogosEmployee

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
The same problem has been reported here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92435.aspx; check that thread for updates.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS