Anyone have screenshots of L6 resources from the first hour?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1987
mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:01 PM

The reason I'm asking is because some of us need to check if we're getting all the resources they've promised.

Myself bought the Collector Edition + all denomination packages blindly at 6am PST when Logos went dark.

So, to be fair.. Logos needs to deliver whatever they promised.

(I have a strong feeling Logos is removing resources what they promised from the first hour)

Posts 4155
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:27 PM

I have screenshots of whats new to me at 11am ish for the L6 Portfolio package.

Not sure that will do you much good, but it is a partial picture.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 537
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:56 PM

I would like to see what i bought and downloaded. I'm not happy with tap @ the top right corner of resources updated list. I want the former L5 kind to take screenshots. 

Posts 19312
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:02 PM

mike:

The reason I'm asking is because some of us need to check if we're getting all the resources they've promised.

Myself bought the Collector Edition + all denomination packages blindly at 6am PST when Logos went dark.

(I have a strong feeling Logos is removing resources what they promised from the first hour)

If the Logos site went down while you were in the middle of downloading, perhaps something got erroneously marked on their servers as saying you'd downloaded already, when you hadn't actually finished. Try typing update resources in the command bar and see if you get some missing resources.

Posts 29801
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:04 PM

mike:

Is there a specific resource you are looking for? Also, I am not positive, but I believe that some resources are still in production. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 19312
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:30 PM

alabama24:
Also, I am not positive, but I believe that some resources are still in production. 

Yes, Gabe Martini said that some of the resources are still in pre-pub or CP. Here's a list of some of them. But they will be shipping automatically to the people who bought those packages once they are done.

Posts 2175
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:43 PM

mike:

Mike, unfortunately there were some discrepancies in some of the resource lists when the site went live. I'm really sorry about that. The comparison chart, upgrade page, and product detail page were slightly out of sync in a few cases. We have the site on nine different servers, and there could have been some variation depending on which server you were on. We've been making some small tweaks to a couple of the packages' resources lists to make sure they align. The good news is that they were very minor in most cases, the product configuration itself wasn't the issue, and dynamic prices weren't affected.

I understand your desire to have everything you're supposed to have. And you will. What you were charged for is what was unlocked for you. We are not removing any resources from the collection you purchased. We are fixing a few display discrepancies. In the case where we remove something from a resource list, you weren't charged for it because it wasn't in the collection. In the case where we add something to a resource list, you were charged for it because it was in the collection.

If you have concerns that you weren't delivered what you expected, we'd be happy to look into it or issue you a refund. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help: phil@faithlife.com. I'm sorry for the frustration.

Posts 1987
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 11:06 PM

for an example, the Princeton Theological Review was included in the earlier Collector Edition, but was removed later...

Posts 19312
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 11:39 PM

mike:

for an example, the Princeton Theological Review was included in the earlier Collector Edition, but was removed later...

Yup, I still have a tab open in my browser that I opened yesterday at some point before some of the later server downtime in the evening, and it shows Princeton Theological Review was part of Collector's Edition at that time:

Bummer! That was one of the main things I was excited about in Collector's Edition. Not sure I'm going to upgrade now. The price has gone down from $1,128.42 to $1,128.35 for me, too. There must have been a bunch of other minor adjustments. I might try to do a side-by-side comparison of that old tab and a new one. If I recall, this sort of thing happened with the rollout of Logos 5 too. The lists of resources in all the base packages weren't quite finalized when the site went live. It's kind of frustrating.

A bit later...

These were also removed:

• Flavius Josephus Collection (5 vols.)
  • Vindiciae Ignatianae; or, The Genuine Writings of St. Ignatius as Exhibited in the Ancient Syriac Version, Vindicated from the Charge of Heresy (no product description page for this, but here's the screen capture of when it was listed):

The latter four all from the Austen Henry Layard Collection (10 vols.), some of the rest of the volumes of which were never included, and some of which are still included.

And the price only went down 7 cents for removing all of that? Sad

Posts 1987
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 11:44 PM

Nice, you still have those tabs!

Can you post those screen shots here?

So, now the question is, IS LOGOS going to honor those they removed for those who bought the resources before they were removed???

Posts 19312
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 11:54 PM

mike:
Nice, you still have those tabs!

Unfortunately I only have a tab from yesterday for the Collector's Edition, since that's the only package I explored.

Here you go with a screenshot. Note of course that the details about price and what would be new to me are specific to me. I didn't bother going through and blurring all that out, but don't make any assumptions about your own situation from it.

mike:
So, now the question is, IS LOGOS going to honor those they removed for those who bought the resources before they were removed???

They probably would. It's their nature to take care of people when they made a goof. I believe they honored it when there was a similar situation for Logos 5. But you'll have to hear the official word from someone there who has the authority to make that decision. Hopefully Phil will weigh in again. I unfortunately will be out of luck, because I didn't manage to buy it while the original list was available.

Posts 4155
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:16 AM

They have been making the princeton journal issue right on a squeaky wheel basis. The princeton journals were listed in the L6 Portfolio package as well. There is a thread about this, and nice guy named Kent sent out a round of emails to those affected making restitution. NOTE: we didn't end up getting the resource.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 1987
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:41 AM

thanks Rosie. I'm going to double check that list soon.

Posts 382
Sacrifice | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:32 AM

Thanks for those screen shots. Now to examine to see if I have all the new files. Again many thanks. 

Yours In Christ

Posts 116
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:55 AM

Unfortunately, Phil's response above makes it sound like we are going to be out of luck on this one. =/

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS