Crash When Finishing a ESV AudioBible Chapter

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 20
David Christensen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:42 AM

I updated to Logos 6 [6.0.0.3700] (Gold) yesterday, and I discovered this morning that L6 crashes (Windows 7x64 SP1) when:

• I select the ESV, choose read aloud (David Cochran Heath), and it reaches the end of a chapter (Tested on Judges 10 & 11). This happens if the ESV window is docked or floating.
  • NOTE: This does not occur if I use the System Narrator with ESV, NET, or LEB.
    • So it has something to do with the ESV Hear the Word Audio with Mr. Heath
  • NOTE: This does not occur if I use the John Schwandt Greek Audio with NA28 (chapters transition fine, although the "word by word" marker doesn't work)
    • Confirmed that other "real people" audio-bibles work. This seems limited to the ESV Hear the Word.
  • ANOTHER NOTE Stick out tongue: The ESV AudioBible doesn't start at the reference the book is at but the beginning of the chapter.
  • NOTE: If I turn on "non-bible text," then on verse 18 instead of going blank it goes to the "title page" as John reported here with video (https://community.logos.com/forums/t/93196.aspx).

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help troubleshoot this. I've attached a log for what it is worth.

With joy,

-David

2086.Logos6_LogFiles_DavidChristensen.zip

Posts 6
LogosEmployee
Auresa Nyctea (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 11:33 AM

Hello

This crash is known and a fix is being worked on.
Please see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/93224.aspx for more information.

Thank you

Auresa Nyctea

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 1:27 PM

Auresa Nyctea:
This crash is known and a fix is being worked on.

We have published a new resource. When you get that update the ESV should read correctly as you progress through chapters. We also have a code fix in place to make the app more resilient in the future. (The code change is not in SR1)

Posts 20
David Christensen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 1:46 PM

I ran "update now" and have received the update. It worked! Thanks for working so quickly and excellently.

With joy,

-David

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS