Lexicon Reformatting Dataset missing from Reformed packages

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 29 2014 4:28 PM

All base package families except Reformed contain the Lexicon Reformatting Dataset in Bronze and above.  In the Reformed family, it is only in Portfolio:

This is reflected on both the comparison page and on the individual package product pages.

Can this be fixed?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 4:29 PM

Todd, this is a known issue. We are working on getting this corrected as soon as possible.

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 4:33 PM

I see that Cascadia Syntax Graphs of the New Testament Dataset also has the same problem, however higher up on the list Cascadia Syntax Graphs of the New Testament Dataset: SBL Edition is listed, so that one may just be a duplicate entry.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 4:33 PM

Kent Hendricks:

Todd, this is a known issue. We are working on getting this corrected as soon as possible.

Thanks.  I looked for it being reported, but I must have missed it.

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:13 AM

Kent,

I'm not sure if this is what is being worked on, but I can confirm that several users (including me) have Reformed Portfolio, which shows the Lexicon Reformatting dataset on the website, but it was not included in the actual license/functionality of Reformed Portfolio.

Any estimate of a fix?

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 825
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:30 AM

I was going to ask about this issue this morning but I see it has already been addressed.

Q:  LRD sounds like a very useful tool.  Are there any plans to do something similar for major apparatuses?

JRS has left the building.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:33 AM

Fred Greco:

Kent,

I'm not sure if this is what is being worked on, but I can confirm that several users (including me) have Reformed Portfolio, which shows the Lexicon Reformatting dataset on the website, but it was not included in the actual license/functionality of Reformed Portfolio.

Any estimate of a fix?

Fred,

We have a case in with our development team to get this corrected. They have understandably been swamped with web/server-related issues this week, but hopefully this will push out to the appropriate Reformed L6 base package owners sometime in the next 24-48 hours. Our apologies for the delay!

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 2:28 PM

Gabe Martini:

Fred,

We have a case in with our development team to get this corrected. They have understandably been swamped with web/server-related issues this week, but hopefully this will push out to the appropriate Reformed L6 base package owners sometime in the next 24-48 hours. Our apologies for the delay!

Ok. Will it "just happen" or be the result of a program release? (It's hasn't yet that I can see)

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 1984
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:44 PM

Fred Greco:
Ok. Will it "just happen" or be the result of a program release? (It's hasn't yet that I can see)

Asking this question slightly differently, how will we know when we have the update / correction required to give us this feature?

Thanks,

Donnie

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:49 PM

Donnie Hale:

Fred Greco:

Asking this question slightly differently, how will we know when we have the update / correction required to give us this feature?

Thanks,

Donnie

My understanding is that it will show up on your homepage as a "Resources Updated" notification, with it mentioned by name.

Faithlife

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 6:12 PM

This should roll out to all owners of Reformed Bronze L6 and higher by EOB Monday or early Tuesday. Sorry for the wait, and thank you again for your patience. Dev has been solidly focused on the stability of our website this week, and they are just now able to divert their attention elsewhere.

Faithlife

Posts 1233
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 6:26 PM

Hi, do we know if this rolled out yet or not? I just had an update of 71 resources but don't see this on the list.

Thanks!

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 7:02 PM

Sean:

Hi, do we know if this rolled out yet or not? I just had an update of 71 resources but don't see this on the list.

Thanks!

They informed me it was complete Monday morning. I took a glance at your owned resources and it shows up.

This wouldn't appear as a resource in your library, however. What this does is reformat typical, cumbersome lexicon entries (usually all one line, like a run-on sentence Paul never dreamed of writing!) into something far more readable:

Faithlife

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 7:10 PM

And to be more clear, it will show up as an option in the Resource menu (as "Outline formatting"):

Faithlife

Posts 1984
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 7:58 PM

Gabe Martini:
And to be more clear, it will show up as an option in the Resource menu (as "Outline formatting"):

I have it now. I feel like I'm cheating now when reading BDAG. Great stuff!!!

Thanks,

Donnie

Posts 1233
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 8:28 PM

I've got it now too, thanks. It's very nice, but is there a list somewhere of resources that benefit from it? So far the only one of mine I've found is BDB. I only have the second edition of BAGD and it doesn't have it.

Posts 79
LogosEmployee
Jeff Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 9:09 PM

The list of supported lexicon is BDAG, BDB, and HALOT.  There's no immediate plan to do more,  but if there are particular ones you want, letting us know would help us prioritize which ones to do in the future. 

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS