Best Way to Clear Some Space off of my MicroSD card?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 116
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:17 AM

Help!

With the most recent upgrade to Logos 6 and a decent sized add-on of resources for myself, my MicroSD card filled up during the indexing process. Now the program won't run without shutting down because there is not enough free space to index.

I need to free up enough space on my MicroSD so that it will finish indexing and I can use my tablet at Bible Study tonight. Please help, I am not very tech savvy. My thoughts:

There has never been anything on the microSD except Logos, my resources etc.

1. Is there something like a disk defrag or something that I can run that will free up space?

2. Can I "share" the weight of the program with the tablet's hard drive somehow?

3. Can I delete some resources and just choose to not download them in the future? What would be the easiest way to do that and make sure I get just a few of the biggest resources?

My tablet is not my primary working version of the software, but I would like to have it as close to the working software that I use on my desktop as possible.

Any help and advice much appreciated!

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:26 AM

Tanner Thetford:
1. Is there something like a disk defrag or something that I can run that will free up space?

NOT on a SD card.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:31 AM

Sorry I don't have an answer. I do , However, have a couple questions. Which package did you get? Is your card 64 GB?

I too have limited space on my tablet. ... Thanks

Posts 116
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:35 AM

Paul C:

Sorry I don't have an answer. I do , However, have a couple questions. Which package did you get? Is your card 64 GB?

I too have limited space on my tablet. ... Thanks

I went for the Big Kahuna Collector's Edition on top of plenty of resources from L5. Everything is on my desktop no problem, but the MicroSD is FULL. It is indeed a 64 GB.

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:19 AM

Delete your WebCache directory, esp if you've viewed any videos in Logos.

Also, Someone will have to confirm this, but it's my understanding that Logos uses extra space when appending to an index, so a possible (drastic), solution might be to delete the indices and let Logos index from scratch. I am not at all sure of that so I would wait confirmation from someone more knowledgeable.

Posts 116
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:54 AM

Randy W. Sims:

Delete your WebCache directory, esp if you've viewed any videos in Logos.

Also, Someone will have to confirm this, but it's my understanding that Logos uses extra space when appending to an index, so a possible (drastic), solution might be to delete the indices and let Logos index from scratch. I am not at all sure of that so I would wait confirmation from someone more knowledgeable.

Thanks for the help! Sorry to be dense, but how do I go about each of these tasks? Where are the files stored? I will only use indices deletion as a last resort.

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 9:43 AM

Tanner Thetford:
I went for the Big Kahuna Collector's Edition on top of plenty of resources from L5.
Stick out tongue $10,000 worth of resources on a $200 machine. What's wrong with this picture? Stick out tongue

Posts 116
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 9:50 AM

Willard Scott:

Tanner Thetford:
I went for the Big Kahuna Collector's Edition on top of plenty of resources from L5.
Stick out tongue $10,000 worth of resources on a $200 machine. What's wrong with this picture? Stick out tongue

Hehe, point taken. I'm eventually going to get a Surface Pro, but for now this has been a great alternate solution for me. As I said, it's not my primary machine.

No other ideas from the smart technical folks?

Posts 8579
LogosEmployee

Randy W. Sims:

That is correct.

If your index is 3GB, Logos will need 4GB (or more) free space to build the new index before it replaces the existing one. If you run "rebuild indexes" in the command box, all existing indexes will be deleted first (which will stop Search from working) before reindexing takes place. This will use the space that was just freed up.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 10:04 AM

Tanner Thetford:
I'm eventually going to get a Surface Pro, but for now this has been a great alternate solution for me.
I concur. I have quite a stable of "beasts of burden". The Venue 8 is the best bang for the buck. .... EVER !

Posts 116
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 10:23 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Randy W. Sims:

That is correct.

If your index is 3GB, Logos will need 4GB (or more) free space to build the new index before it replaces the existing one. If you run "rebuild indexes" in the command box, all existing indexes will be deleted first (which will stop Search from working) before reindexing takes place. This will use the space that was just freed up.

This sounds like my answer, then. Although it is an indicator that I am pretty much at the end of my resource limit for my MicroSD. Time to slow down! :)

Posts 25827
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 2:56 AM

Tanner Thetford:

Disk defrag doesn't give you any free space - it actually requires a fair amount of free space to work (OK for microSD but not SSD).

Tanner Thetford:
3. Can I delete some resources and just choose to not download them in the future? What would be the easiest way to do that and make sure I get just a few of the biggest resources?

Chasing your tail here as it will affect your desktop resources.

Tanner Thetford:
2. Can I "share" the weight of the program with the tablet's hard drive somehow?

There is a technical solution as you could put your resources on the HD. You need to do this ASAP as reindexing per Bradley's suggestion may not be sufficient. If this is too technical then get a 128 GB microSD card, format it as NTFS, and transfer everything to that card (the desktop may help with all this).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS